EPL - 2022/23

Sabres Fan in NS

Here we go again.  No Norwich City so I don't have a horse in this race.

I just hope that it's not one of the big 5 or so again ... NOT either side from Manchester.  NOT Liverpool.  NOT Chelsea and NOT Arsenal just because.

One noteable upset on game day #1 ... Brighton over Man U at Old Trafford ... lol !!

5 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Man U

lol !!

Dead last on matchday #2.

lol !!

I can't believe they lost four nil to newly promoted Brentford!!!

Leeds has two young Americans in the starting 11 so that's who I'll be following this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love what Marsch is doing with Leeds.  The way they pressure the ball reminds me of a good forechecking team in hockey. Don't know if it can hold up long term, but that three nil beating they put on Chelsea was special. In a perfect world Pulisic finds his way into that system. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

In all honesty, I’m not even mad about this one.  Were it not for injuries to the starting and backup defensive midfielder (feel bad for Sambi Lokonga but he’s not ready for prime time at all), ridiculous but entirely predictable officiating, and a costly lack of ruthlessness up front… ugh.  

Didn’t play badly.  On to the next hilarious screw-up.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/4/2022 at 5:36 PM, Sabel79 said:

In all honesty, I’m not even mad about this one.  Were it not for injuries to the starting and backup defensive midfielder (feel bad for Sambi Lokonga but he’s not ready for prime time at all), ridiculous but entirely predictable officiating, and a costly lack of ruthlessness up front… ugh.  

Didn’t play badly.  On to the next hilarious screw-up.  

Still on top of the table.

Do you think that they will be able to sustain the preasure until matchday 38?

If I were a fan, I would be very happy with a top 4 finish and a return to Champions League.

21 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Still on top of the table.

Do you think that they will be able to sustain the preasure until matchday 38?

If I were a fan, I would be very happy with a top 4 finish and a return to Champions League.

script GIF

I'll ***** your hand off if you're giving out 4th.  Hopefully they can attain that and build for a real challenge next season and going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

I think top 4 is a reasonable goal, especially after a good start to the season.

I don't see Brighton sustaining top 4 level play.  I think they were just promoted.  Who else is up there ?? Tottenham will likely drop down.  Man C ... ***** me!! And 3 top flight clubs that I hate are just outside.  It will be tough, but they have a chance.

I'm with @Hank and am hitching my wagon to Leeds this season as a dark horse, but fun club to watch.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

City wins it again.  Ho, hum.

Epic colapse of Arsenal was, indeed, epic.  I feel badly for Gunner fans, especially @Sabel79.

Yeah, I’m 95% done caring about soccer/football.  

There really is no point unless you’re a fan of the Petro-fascist state owned clubs.  And if you are, give your head a shake and have a think about things.  

• Like (+1) 1