Is there any question

haseoke

at least at this moment. a very impressive sweep of a team that honestly wasn't that bad. they shut down Jaromir Jarg, fer Chrissake. And it wasnt all suffocating defense and the trap, they scored an average of 4.25 goals per game that series.

I'd question it. I think Ottawa is much, much better. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong.

With all respect to the Devils, they beat the worst team in the playoffs. The Rangers were good but they had too many injuries to overcome. Jagr played all of 50 seconds today.

That being said, the Devils are smoking hot right now but I would welcome that challenge in the 2nd round if us and Montreal finish what we started.

With all respect to the Devils, they beat the worst team in the playoffs. The Rangers were good but they had too many injuries to overcome. Jagr played all of 50 seconds today.

That being said, the Devils are smoking hot right now but I would welcome that challenge in the 2nd round if us and Montreal finish what we started.

They won what, around 15 in a row? I'd take right now for the simple law of averages. They're due for a letdown.

Rangers only really have 1 main weapon... Jagr. They also have crappy goalies. All = NJ SWEEP

Well, I agree and disagree with you. I agree that they have one weapon, Jagr. And he injured himself in the first game, was out for game two. Was playing nowhere near 100% in game 3, and hurt himself again tonight. That made him pretty much a non factor for the whole series, and that makes the Rangers very easy to shut down.

I normally would disagree about the Rangers goaltending. I think Lundqvist had stepped up and become one of the elite goaltenders in the leage this year, but he was playing hurt in the playoffs. I think he injured his hip flexor pretty bad. He comes back from the injury and can't put together a strong game. That injury probably really limited his lateral movement, and made him pretty average.

Make Jagr and Lundqvist non factors, and the Rangers are toast.

The Rangers have lost 9 straight games. There is definitely a question about the Devils being the best team in hockey. Ottawa also manhandled the Rangers the last game of the season, 5-1. The Rangers needed to win that to avoid playing New Jersey, so it's not like that wasn't an important game.

Archived