No suspension for Gauthier

DWarner

I guess we just have to look at the positive aspect of this which is Gauthier is good for letting us score about two goals each game. The guy is a horrible on defense and is always out of position which is why PHX was happy to rid of him.

I guess we just have to look at the positive aspect of this which is Gauthier is good for letting us score about two goals each game. The guy is a horrible on defense and is always out of position which is why PHX was happy to rid of him.

Agreed. I didn't see him getting anything for it anyway. Not that I agree, it's just how they do things.

Does it surprise you, he hit someone earlier in the year, no suspension. He does the same thing to wellwood of the leafs, suspension. Now he does it to a Sabres player, nothing. The league doesn't care if a rookie on the Sabres gets hurt, but if you touch a Leafs player, you better get a resume ready to look for a new career.

Maybe they shouldn't dress Peters for the next game, just invite Bettman to come to the next game and give Peters the seat next to him. If he gets up between periods, Peters can take a run at him!

Does it surprise you, he hit someone earlier in the year, no suspension. He does the same thing to wellwood of the leafs, suspension. Now he does it to a Sabres player, nothing. The league doesn't care if a rookie on the Sabres gets hurt, but if you touch a Leafs player, you better get a resume ready to look for a new career.

Maybe they shouldn't dress Peters for the next game, just invite Bettman to come to the next game and give Peters the seat next to him. If he gets up between periods, Peters can take a run at him!

the sabres cannot dress peters. That will totally send the wrong message, plus it will bust up the 4th line. As long as no sabres get injured, its all good. let them run us to the ground. We'll have about a week to recover before the semifinals.

It is funny that not only did he get suspended for hitting a guy on Toronto, it was a Canadian guy ... as opposed to an Austrian on Buffalo ...

Seriously, I guess some rules are still different for the playoffs ... I'm sure they will say he was punished already with a game misconduct, but that game was over. They didn't punish him by sending him to the showers, they did him a favor.

I'm actually kind of glad he wasn't suspended. He's one of our better players.

On another note, does anyone know the last time someone was suspended for committing a foul against the Sabres? I can't remember.....

the other noticeable and ironic part of all this to me, is how all the talk after campbell's hit was how the flyer would retaliate, not retaliate, blah, blah, blah and that was a LEGAL check.

here we have an illegal body check and one that is someday going to seriously injure an NHL player and not only is there no suspension, but no talk of retaliation. the distinction between the organizations and its fans can not be any more clear than using those two different reactions to on-ice events...

the sabres cannot dress peters. That will totally send the wrong message, plus it will bust up the 4th line. As long as no sabres get injured, its all good. let them run us to the ground. We'll have about a week to recover before the semifinals.

The Sabres can dress Peters, he's only been a healthy scratch, its just he won't be dressed until there is a need for some extra physical play (possibly game 4 when the sabres go up 3 games to 0 :D ) I'm not saying to play this guy all the time but to have him on the bench just incase things start to get out of hand.

I just remembered, the first guy he hit (although they said it was a legal hit) was Roenick, and I doubt with his mouth, the NHL is going to be willing to suspend anyone that takes a run at him. On tsn.ca one of there top Hockey analysists has an article up where he says a suspension should be in order for that hit on Vanek.

I'm actually kind of glad he wasn't suspended. He's one of our better players.

On another note, does anyone know the last time someone was suspended for committing a foul against the Sabres? I can't remember.....

Well, it certainly wasn't Brian Skrudland for his headbutt of (I can't remember who) in the '99 Finals... headbutting is an automatic one-game suspension and it was clearly caught on video. Yet the league didn't suspend Skrudland. They must have relied on a double-secret memo from the same vault that yielded the memo that said Brett Hull scored a legal goal.

This morning on WGR, Simon and the other dude said they talked to their sources about the hit, and their sources actually talked to Colin Campbell, and the reason why there was no suspension is because Colin Campbell felt that Thomas Vanek dived on the play to make it look worse then it really was. Very much BS.

I guess Boyton going off on us is actually starting to work.

I guess Boyton going off on us is actually starting to work.

Sorry, but I don't see how you can say starting to work after all this time. It was VERY apparant in the very next game after his comments. Got absolutely awful there for a little while, and actually seemed to be getting better the past few games.

Whether Vanek "helped" his cause or not, it was still an illegal hit, and should be treated as such.

Archived