Why Rush the process? KA's plan

sweetlou

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

"The Amerks aren't empty!"

Proceeds to say their goaltending and defense are not good. 

Which was a chunk of my point. 

A key prospect is in Net for the Amerks, he just isn’t good enough yet.  

I whole heartedly agree they miss Fitz and Samuelsson, but it’s not correct to say the cupboard is bare in Rochester when UPL, JJP, Quinn, R2 and others are there.  

The good news is that it’s likely that Samuelsson and or Fitz may be returned to the Amerks with the return of NHL turds Butcher and Miller.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

A key prospect is in Net for the Amerks, he just isn’t good enough yet.  

I whole heartedly agree they miss Fitz and Samuelsson, but it’s not correct to say the cupboard is bare in Rochester when UPL, JJP, Quinn, R2 and others are there.  

The good news is that it’s likely that Samuelsson and or Fitz may be returned to the Amerks with the return of NHL turds Butcher and Miller.  

I didn't say that. You were so eager to defend botteril you have missed my point in its entirety and are now saying things like this. 

31 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

when UPL, JJP, Quinn, R2 and others are there.  

The good news is that it’s likely that Samuelsson and or Fitz 

The bold. All forwards.

The literal next sentence, Rochester needs defense. 

I mean, you're just arguing because you think I slighted botteril. That's it, it's pointless. Rochester is light on quality especially on defense and in goal which you have repeatedly admitted, why on earth is this controversial?

Edited by LGR4GM

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Can we hope for Boldy-like production from Quinn next year?

Sure if he was playing on a line with Fiala and a worker like Gaudreau plus plays the power play with Fiala, Kaprizov, Joel EE and Zuccarello. 

It's not just Rochester that is light on Defense, Buffalo has basically 3 rookies, Bryson, Fitzgerald and Samuelsson, 2 vets that's probably the worst pairing in the NHL in Pysyk and Hagg plus Dahlin and Joker. We also have Miller who has only played slightly over 1/2 the games this year. 

Not only did our GMTM trade away most of our draft capitol in 2014-15 but left on the table an array of players that are all stars now. It does appear the recent drafts are getting better now though but that means we endure further pain waiting on them to develop

• Like (+1) 1

I hate to say this, but the rebuild that’s going on now with the Sabres is how it should have went years ago. Instead, Murray gave away almost every draft pick and prospect just to speed up the rebuild, which backfired big time and set the franchise back many years. With Botterill, did someone recommend him to the Sabres just to intentionally sabotage the team?! 

Did KA stick with bad goaltending in hopes to stay at the bottom of the league to land another high draft pick? IMO, it’s possible KA knew the team wasn’t ready to contend for a playoff spot and it was going to be a development year for the younger players this season, so why sign any key FA’s to a big contract when the team isn’t ready?

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I hate to say this, but the rebuild that’s going on now with the Sabres is how it should have went years ago. Instead, Murray gave away almost every draft pick and prospect just to speed up the rebuild, which backfired big time and set the franchise back many years. With Botterill, did someone recommend him to the Sabres just to intentionally sabotage the team?! 

Did KA stick with bad goaltending in hopes to stay at the bottom of the league to land another high draft pick? IMO, it’s possible KA knew the team wasn’t ready to contend for a playoff spot and it was going to be a development year for the younger players this season, so why sign any key FA’s to a big contract when the team isn’t ready?

Anyone who knows what the shape of a hockey puck was fully aware that this year's team wouldn't contend for a playoff spot. The question that the fans and hockey world were discussing was how close to the bottom was this team going to get. No one is surprised because the outcome was obvious and preordained before the hockey season started. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.