Cozens vs Zegras. Did we draft the right guy?

GASabresIUFAN

43 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I still would have taken Raty at 33.

I have to say how surprised I am about how well Cole Sillinger is doing for CBJ right out of the USHL (and not even on the USNTDP).   Playing at a 30 pt pace as an 18 year old rookie after being the 12th overall pick is pretty amazing.  

The ushl is above the Q at this point and just barely below the ohl

28 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why is that funny?  Raty was 17th on my consensus draft board and he is a center.  PP was 40th.  Kisakov was 52nd.  Raty has 20 pts in his last 23 games in the highest Finnish league.  Poltapov has zero pts in 17 KHL games, but is doing very well in their junior league (which is 2 steps down from the KHL).

What's Koivunen doing? 

25 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

What's the point here?

All 3 were picked much higher than Casey (9th) in that draft.

Yea I don't get it. The only person who was all in Casey was Pronman who constantly pumped his tires and only just recently started dialing that back. Dude was drafted 8th overall versus... 5th, 3rd, and 4th

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Its where the Sabres had him ranked. Their scouting is garbage.

Are you sure? I've never seen anything indicating how the Sabres had any draft ranked, let alone that one.

i think that is actually the Hockey News top prospect Future Watch ranking, one year after that draft.

If you look at the guys available around Mittelstadt, the Sabres scouts did OK that year.

6. Glass

7. Anderson

8. Mittelstadt

9. Rasmussen

10. Tippett

11. Villardi

Also, that draft list was initially set by Tim Murray's team, then carried out by Murray's assistant head scout after Murray and his head scout were fired. Not really relevant to the Sabres' scouting now at all.

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Are you sure? I've never seen anything indicating how the Sabres had any draft ranked, let alone that one.

i think that is actually the Hockey News top prospect Future Watch ranking, one year after that draft.

If you look at the guys available around Mittelstadt, the Sabres scouts did OK that year.

6. Glass

7. Anderson

8. Mittelstadt

9. Rasmussen

10. Tippett

11. Villardi

Also, that draft list was initially set by Tim Murray's team, then carried out by Murray's assistant head scout after Murray and his head scout were fired. Not really relevant to the Sabres' scouting now at all.

Has nothing to do with scouting right now. It was about past scouting. Which has always pretty much sucked. 

Edited by Claude Balls

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.