Prospect Pool is Rocking!

Cage

We're all excited about how the prospects are coming along, but this has to be a first for this level of success.  We have five players who not only lead their teams, but are top 10 players in their respective leagues:

AHL

-- Jack Quinn, #1 goals / #1 points

-- JJ Peterka, #2 assists / #7 points

NCAA

-- Devon Levi, #1 save % / #3 GAA

-- Owen Power #1 assists / #3 points

OHL

-- Josh Bloom, #5 goals

Pretty amazing....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Hawerchuk said:

He's kinda a long(er) shot to make it, but I really think Linus Weissbach is gonna turn heads. He's sneaky fast with a good shot and just the type of guy who can fill out your third line.

Yes I noticed him in the preseason and thought he had an outside shot of making the NHL team out of camp.  He doesn't have all the offensive tools some of those other guys have but he seems like a very smart situational player.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Hawerchuk said:

He's kinda a long(er) shot to make it, but I really think Linus Weissbach is gonna turn heads. He's sneaky fast with a good shot and just the type of guy who can fill out your third line.

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Yes I noticed him in the preseason and thought he had an outside shot of making the NHL team out of camp.  He doesn't have all the offensive tools some of those other guys have but he seems like a very smart situational player.

He is comically small.  He’ll need to show an immense amount of talent to ever make it.  He looks like a child playing with grown men.  

16 hours ago, Cage said:

We're all excited about how the prospects are coming along, but this has to be a first for this level of success.  We have five players who not only lead their teams but are top 10 players in their respective leagues:

AHL

-- Jack Quinn, #1 goals / #1 points

-- JJ Peterka, #2 assists / #7 points

NCAA

-- Devon Levi, #1 save % / #3 GAA

-- Owen Power #1 assists / #3 points

OHL

-- Josh Bloom, #5 goals

Pretty amazing...

Good news. But it's dangerous for kids to play in the first team without defense from ***** like Marshand and others. 

3 hours ago, Berg said:

Good news. But it's dangerous for kids to play in the first team without defense from ***** like Marshand and others. 

Yeah, not suggesting any of them be elevated yet.  I just wonder if any team has ever had this many prospects that are at the very top of their respective leagues??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.