They Are Calling The Penalities!

bob_sauve28

They did a fine job in Buffalo.

The Flyers knew they had to play a disciplined game, which is a challenge for that slow moving group of slash-elephants they call a defensive corps, and they did (besides the usual nonsense betwen Hatcher and Grier in the 1st).

I only caught a small handful of questionable things that weren't called, but that's less than a regular season game, and MUCH less than the old playoff games.

It's the playoffs, guys are going to take extra shots after the whistle here and there ... on both sides.as long as they call most of the obstruction stuff I am happy. The Sabres were just as chippy as the Flyers and were only called for 5 penalties, including one that was automatic on Lydman. We can't complain after going 0-for-9 on the PP.

It's the playoffs, guys are going to take extra shots after the whistle here and there ... on both sides.as long as they call most of the obstruction stuff I am happy. The Sabres were just as chippy as the Flyers and were only called for 5 penalties, including one that was automatic on Lydman. We can't complain after going 0-for-9 on the PP.

I know its the playoffs and there is no excuse for going 0-9 ono the PP, But the refs were letting the Flyers physically manhandle the sabres after plays. It was starting to look like the old NHL for a bit, and if they want to keep the violence and fighting down, they need to start calling more penalties on those types of shots. After almost every time there was play stopped in front of the net a flyers player would start pushing around a Sabre trying to start a fight, and then the refs would come in and try to break it up if they retaliated.

The refs blew calls on BOTH sides, and most of those were in the skirmishes after the whistle. I think they did a pretty good job in keeping down the clutching/grabbing, which to me is the most important aspect right now.

Of course, when they learn to count to 6 it will be a whole lot better.

The refs blew calls on BOTH sides, and most of those were in the skirmishes after the whistle. I think they did a pretty good job in keeping down the clutching/grabbing, which to me is the most important aspect right now.

Of course, when they learn to count to 6 it will be a whole lot better.

I loved it when they made the call for too many men, they played the little video thing on the screen for a PP and then the Cryers cryed to the refs and they retracted their call

I loved it when they made the call for too many men, they played the little video thing on the screen for a PP and then the Cryers cryed to the refs and they retracted their call

Not calling too many was the right call in that instance. The Flyer had his foot inside the door when the other Flyer received the pass.

I was upset when Briere was clearly hooked in the midsection when a pass was coming his way. No call really pissed me off at that point.

Archived