Playoff Sabres CD

topshelfcookies

I'm making a mix CD to play while we're tailgating at the Marina for Game 2 (Sadly, I'll be out of town on a golf excursion prior to Game 1...but thankfully back in time to watch the game!)

Anyways, here's some of what I have so far, but what other sweet tracks should I add? I'm trying to keep the music consisting of either songs used at the HSB during play stoppages, old songs used during play stoppages, intros or other great "hockey-type" rock songs.

What are your suggestions?

Here's what I came up with so far

Sabre Dance - the classical version

Sabre Dance - the electric guitar version

O Fortuna - Carl Orff

Hurricane 2000

Song 2- Blur

Machinehead - Bush

Beautiful - Flickerstick

Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) - Nickelback

Rock and Roll (Part II) - Gary Glitter

Street Fighting Man - The Stones

I'm making a mix CD to play while we're tailgating at the Marina for Game 2 (Sadly, I'll be out of town on a golf excursion prior to Game 1...but thankfully back in time to watch the game!)

Anyways, here's some of what I have so far, but what other sweet tracks should I add? I'm trying to keep the music consisting of either songs used at the HSB during play stoppages, old songs used during play stoppages, intros or other great "hockey-type" rock songs.

What are your suggestions?

Here's what I came up with so far

Sabre Dance - the classical version

Sabre Dance - the electric guitar version

O Fortuna - Carl Orff

Hurricane 2000

Song 2- Blur

Machinehead - Bush

Beautiful - Flickerstick

Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) - Nickelback

Rock and Roll (Part II) - Gary Glitter

Street Fighting Man - The Stones

You might want to add Vertigo by U2 - that's what they start warmups with.

If you are keeping them primarily to stuff you hear in the rink, Joan Jett's version of Wild Thing.

Also, (on a far more esoteric note) although they never used it at the rink, I've always thought the Darth Vader March would be appropriate. (Much better than the old Star Wars Main Title Theme that they used to use.)

Well I would hope he is holed up somewhere writing the words to THIS year's version so it will be ready by Saturday ...

No! No more "We're gonna win that cup". We never win that cup when "we're gonna win that cup" is out.

The music at the Arena is horrific. They need to fire whoever is in charge of it.

Archived