Top 5 Games You Remember This Season?

bob_sauve28

1) Mike Greer scoring with 4 seconds left against the Flyers was so great. I'll never forget that.

2) The first game of the season. It was so wonderful seeing them back and hoping that they finally got off to a good start against a team that had given them problems in the past.

3) The Dallas game. I went to the game and it was great to see them beat a top flight team. It was as if they had arrived!

4) Winning at Colorado was another one where it seemed like we had arrived

5) Gosh, all the loses I seem to remember! But who can forget the lose in Ottawa when we were thinking of cathching them. Miller stood on his head but we got dominated and lost by 2 goals. Worst game of the year in my opinion

Here's a couple more:

1. Beating Ottawa, with Dominik, in the shootout in HSBC to get the Ottawa monkey off our backs. Miller stoning Heatley, Alfredsson and one other Senator, and Vanek using the "around the world" move to beat Dominik. Yeah baby.

2. Beating the Islanders right before thanksgiving. The first time I took my son to a sabres game. Kotalik tied it up with less than one minute in regulation and then we won in the shootout.

Go Sabres.

I didn't get to see all the games. I only watch on TV, as I live in Western Canada.

In no particular order:

Sabres beating Philly on the road with Grier's last second goal. I finally admitted this team could come back from a 2-0 deficit. In the old NHL, at 2-0, I turned off the TV and went to rake the lawn.

Losing at home to Carolina, 4-3, I think. They were down 4-0. I saw the crowd go wild when the Sabres scored the short-handed goal to pull within one. It felt like the Stanley Cup run in 99.

Any win over the Leafs, but I'll take 2, the one where Connolly beat the Leaf defender and shelfed a back-hand shot for a goal...

...and the 6-0 pounding from this week.

I liked the beating at home against the Bruins too. 6-1? 6-2? Something like that.

Beating Ottawa in ot after scoring in the final minute of regulation to tie the game. My roomate and I went bonkers when Briere scored to tie the game. That goal and the goal in OT were by far the two most exciting plays of the season.

For this game I got home from work w/ 5 minutes left in the third period... I went up to my room and watched the rest of it w/ my brothers when we tie it up in regulation all three of us go completely crazy, and even more crazy when we win it in OT.

This led me to think, what would the reaction be if we actually won the cup?? total hysteria.

Let's get Cup Crazy 2006!!! Whoooa!

in no order:

Ottawa in OT, i was on the phone with a friend of mine giving play by play because he lost his internet connection at school and couldnt hear the game(school in PA), i was giving play by play and lost it when danny scored the winner...

10-0 LA game, i was there with my dad, and him and i were sitting right next to some loud mouth kings fans...great time

Tampa game where Roy had the hat trick, so much fun to be at a game where they score 8 goals

and my one bad one, the loss to Ottawa to take them over for the crown, we win tht game and the next month of losing doesnt happen, but hey, theyre back in stride and looking good for a run at the silver.

no matter what happens this playoff year, i will prob be telling my kids about how i was there when the franchise turned it all around...GO SABRES

Archived