This Day in Sabres History :: April 15

April 15, 1993

Alexander Mogilny scores his 76th goal of the year in a season-ending 7-4 loss to the Flyers at the Aud. Mogilny scores his 75th goal late in the second period to complete a Buffalo rally from a 3-0 deficit. He adds his 76th early in the third period, assisted by Pat LaFontaine, to tie the score at 4 before the Flyers tally three unanswered goals on Dominik Hasek. LaFontaine finishes the regular season setting Sabre records for assists (95) and points (148), while Mogilny establishes a new Buffalo record for goals (76) and points by a right wing (127). Mogilny also ends up tied with Winnipeg's Teemu Selanne for most goals in the NHL. But the offensive records don't cheer the fans, who see their team lose its seventh straight game, two of those losses coming against first-round playoff opponent Boston. Surely the Sabres will lose again in the first round of the playoffs.

Damn PA... if we could only squeak out a victory in the first round? Maybe one or two games to make it interesting. 10 straight seasons without advancing. It will be 11 soon. Guys like May, Bodger, and Ledyard simply cannot get it done. I just hope we don't end up playing the bruins. Moog and the boys really have our number.

Damn PA... if we could only squeak out a victory in the first round? Maybe one or two games to make it interesting. 10 straight seasons without advancing. It will be 11 soon. Guys like May, Bodger, and Ledyard simply cannot get it done. I just hope we don't end up playing the bruins. Moog and the boys really have our number.

It's because the Knoxes won't give us the tools to get the job done. Muckler is the worst GM in sports. What was that trade last August? A draft pick for some Czech goalie? Yeah, like THAT guy's going to be useful someday.

It's because the Knoxes won't give us the tools to get the job done. Muckler is the worst GM in sports. What was that trade last August? A draft pick for some Czech goalie? Yeah, like THAT guy's going to be useful someday.

we do have grant fuhr. Hopefully he can be our goalie for the next 5 years or so. Then that Hazec or however you spell his name, will never be our goalie.

Maybe we can call someone up and leave that bum Brad May off the playoff roster.

Can you imagine if muckler traded mogilny? That would totally kill the team now and in the future... I don't care what draft picks or prospects we get. Nothing will replace mogilny.

I wish Sabre fans all over the world would have a way of getting together and bitching about this sorry ass franchise! I did read about the Internets or some crazy thing where people would be networked to each other via their computers or something... Yeah, right. It'll be like the CB radio. Just a fad. I think I'll just call Art Wander and see if I can get on the air, or write a letter to Larry Felser. That's my only chance of being heard in this town! Go Bills!

You guys are f'd up! lol

what's "lol"? You see, i'm just a caveman. I lead a simple life in 1993. Now, i get scared from these new terms like LOL, especially when i'm driving in my new hybrid, my ipod on pause as i use voice recognition to send an e-mail from my bluetooth headset to my blackberry. I'm simply a caveman. The defense rests.

Just got back from the Aud box office. 15 bucks a ticket for oranges? Who the hell are we? The Rockefellers?

I got my first round playoff tickets. Upper Blues Section 15 Row V seat 5 WOO HOO. They have the TV's under there! ANNNNNNDYYYY ANNNNNNNDYYYY