PP 2018/2019

GASabresIUFAN

ROR is gone.  Guys like Skinner, Mittelstadt, Dahlin, Sheary and Thompson have been added to the mix.

A no. 1 PP needs someone who can win a draw.  Is Mittelstadt ready for this duty.  Jack sucks in the FO circle.  This is the one place I think we’ll miss ROR the most.  

Who plays where? 

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

PP1

Okposo -Skinner - Samson 

Eichel  - Ristolainen

PP2

Sheary - Mittelstadt - Pominville

Scandella -  Dhalin 

Skinner takes the face offs on first PP, or maybe actually let Samson or Jack try dunno ?

You might have to hope JBOT realizes this and address" it....or at worse swap KO for Berglund? KO can take Pommers spot on 2nd.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Skinner has less than 10 pp points in three of the past four seasons. His best is 15.

Okposo has more than 20 pp points in three of the past four seasons. His worst is 18.

But we"re not talking about PPP we"re talking about FOW.

I see your point though and maybe put Skinner on 2nd unit while leaving Kyle on 1st.....or better yet, aquire simeone.

When together last year, PP1 was just as good as when we were 1st in the PP the year before. 

I hope Dahlin can take ROR''s spots and do those things just as well. I try to keep that unit the same in that sense, so 

Eichel on the half-wall
Risto at the point in the umbrella
Dahlin opposite Jack, a little higher up
KO in the usual right-half-wall spot
Sam in front and down low

And then unit 2 should be a lot better than recent years:
Defenseman on the point (I really don't know who it should be)
E-Rod left half-wall
Casey right half-wall
Skinner in the Briere spot by the net
not sure who gets the last spot

Edited by Randall Flagg

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

When together last year, PP1 was just as good as when we were 1st in the PP the year before. 

I hope Dahlin can take ROR''s spots and do those things just as well. I try to keep that unit the same in that sense, so 

Eichel on the half-wall
Risto at the point in the umbrella
Dahlin opposite Jack, a little higher up
KO in the usual right-half-wall spot
Sam in front and down low

And then unit 2 should be a lot better than recent years:
Defenseman on the point (I really don't know who it should be)
E-Rod left half-wall
Casey right half-wall
Skinner in the Briere spot by the net
not sure who gets the last spot

We we"re just trying to address the FOW....don't want to start out chasing duck in our end after losing the draw.

Hardly anyone has listed Dahlin on the 1st unit but I'm definitely game.....the BOLD could be why most have him on 2nd unit.

Agreed with Flagg on PP1 and Casey ERod and Skinner on PP2.

For PP2, right now, Bogosian or Scandella is the point man. Guhle, or better yet Pilut will eventually claim that spot.

Berglund is probably the best fit down low for the last spot.

Edited by dudacek

I keep looking at the FO numbers and wonder about the 1st PP.  I can see Sobotka stepping in on the 2nd unit to win faceoffs.  I also see Skinner on the 2nd unit as the trigger man there with Dahlin and Scandella on the point.  I think Mittelstadt might be the best center option on the 1st PP.  

Eichel Mittelstadt Reinhart Okposo Ristolainen

Skinner Sobotka Sheary/Thompson Dahlin Scandella

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I keep looking at the FO numbers and wonder about the 1st PP.  I can see Sobotka stepping in on the 2nd unit to win faceoffs.  I also see Skinner on the 2nd unit as the trigger man there with Dahlin and Scandella on the point.  I think Mittelstadt might be the best center option on the 1st PP.  

Eichel Mittelstadt Reinhart Okposo Ristolainen

Skinner Sobotka Sheary/Thompson Dahlin Scandella

You could be right as I only looked at last years #'s where Berg was higher but career wise Sobotka is better. My bad?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.