Casey Mittelstadt, what will his rookie year be

LGR4GM

10 hours ago, Alkoholist said:

You know it's going to happen. Instead of creating a MEH line of Sobotka, Berglund, and Okposo they are going to "spread the wealth" around so every line gets an anchor!

Come on down, Jack, you get an anchor!

Come on down, Casey, you get an anchor too! Anchors for all!

Am I the only one that interprets the word anchor as a positive connotation (provide with a firm basis or foundation) rather than some plodding type player?  I can obviously get the gist in context it just always trips me up. 

28 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

FTR, even though I pretend to know stuff about lines, unless there's something obviously dumb like a top pair of 82-47 or playing Larsson with Jack, I won't complain about anything  w.r.t. Lines until something that doesn't work gets kept together for more than 5-7 games 

Probably more patience than is warranted.  My breaking point will likely be finally putting together a line or 2 that, at least on paper, should work but breaking them up before the 1st TV timeout of the 2nd period.

15 hours ago, inkman said:

Am I the only one that interprets the word anchor as a positive connotation (provide with a firm basis or foundation) rather than some plodding type player?  I can obviously get the gist in context it just always trips me up. 

I'm not sure how anyone else sees it, but I perceive it in a negative connotation. I'm using it in a weighing the line down sort of way, similar to the way Eichel had to drag around Pominville's corpse last season. And for the record, I mean no insult to real anchors which are actually useful.

Personally, I'd rather stick the old slow guys all on one line together and have them carry the load defensively with the tougher matchups. I'd rather let our younger speed guys like Eichel and Mittelstadt play easier match ups with offensive minded players like Sheary, Skinner, Reinhart, and whichever of the young guy step up to grab a spot with them.

18 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I like this. If we can change the colors to blue and gold, I think we've found our new shoulder patches for the 50th anniversary jerseys.

36 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Probably more patience than is warranted.  My breaking point will likely be finally putting together a line or 2 that, at least on paper, should work but breaking them up before the 1st TV timeout of the 2nd period.

Some guys take time to click, and can be very effective after they click. Some guys will never click. I takes more than a period to find out.

Hopefully such won't be the case for all 4 lines, but if it's just giving one line some time/patience, it's worth it.

58 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

Some guys take time to click, and can be very effective after they click. Some guys will never click. I takes more than a period to find out.

Hopefully such won't be the case for all 4 lines, but if it's just giving one line some time/patience, it's worth it.

Absolutely.

And when Housley finally tries combos we've been calling for literally for weeks & then gives up on them before Duff & Biron get together to review the 1st period, some of us will be ready to (figuratively) go postal.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.