Would you like to see Terry sell the Sabres?

PASabreFan

Would you like to see Terry sell the Sabres?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Terry sell the Sabres?

• Yes, you've run it into the ground. If you love it, let it go.
    • No, your fandom and wealth will carry the day. Hang in there.
    • Ask me again in 12 months or so.

In his defense, he's looking for profitability, so we'd also need to know expenditures. And as far as I know, they're not letting just anyone peek into the books. (The real set and the one NS creates for them.)

Yup.  Was wondering if anyone heard any inside scoop on if the team is making or losing money?  

I'd bet its still something of a loss leader (not very profitable).  $120 million in gross annual income sounds big until the costs start getting tallied.

Just player cap hit alone is almost $70 million.  That leaves $50 million from which to subtract all other operational expenses, GM,  Coaching, management salaries,  office staff, people like Bylsma and GMTM who are getting paid to twiddle thumbs, etc etc.  

They might be actually struggling to break even. 

Although even if it's just breaking even, Pegula has done well on his investment.  The on ice product is disastrous, yet he could sell it and pocket $150 million+ in profit, even if he didn't make a dime over the past 7 years on it.   

Edited by Jsixspd

I think you have to factor in the tremendous intangible value that owning the Sabres brought to Terry when it was time to go after the Bills. He was in like Brian Flynn. And with the Bills, the Pegulas have the chance to rake in mucho, mucho dinero. (The average team was worth just under $2 billion in 2015.)

I think you have to factor in the tremendous intangible value that owning the Sabres brought to Terry when it was time to go after the Bills. He was in like Brian Flynn. And with the Bills, the Pegulas have the chance to rake in mucho, mucho dinero. (The average team was worth just under $2 billion in 2015.)

Honest question, if the Pegulas did not own The Sabres would they have been serious contenders to buy The Bills?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.