Star Power: Hockey News Ranks Buffalo 23rd

LGR4GM

Malkin is clearly better. I think maybe he's saying wheeler is to right wing as Malkin is to center. But the article is definitely trash.

However I could see us finishing in the 23rd range, but I wouldn't come to that conclusion from the article.

My reply was geared more towards Winnipeg being headed in the right direction them anything else. Don't let Chevaldayoffs tremendous patience, how conservative he is fool you. They have alot of depth, they could lose buff and be okay. Watch for some of those assets to be flipped for needs (center, goaltending) when the time is right.

If the jets had league average goaltending they would have made the playoffs multiple times already.

Uh oh... You know who else is from Winnipeg right?

Me? Haha.

I also admit that fact makes me hopelessly biased towards them. I definitely dislike them.

But I legitimately believe they are building from the wing in, and I don't think that works. Their organizational depth at C is quite poor, and it's not so easy to flip players from a position of strength for one of weakness, particularly when their strength, wingers, is the least valuable position in the NHL.

Edited by Thorny

Me? Haha.

I also admit that fact makes me hopefully biased towards them. I definitely dislike them.

But I legitimately believe they are building from the wing in, and I don't think that works. Their organizational depth at C is quite poor, and it's not so easy to flip players from a position of strength for one of weakness, particularly when their strength, wingers, is the least valuable position in the NHL.

You me and JBot lol

Me? Haha.

I also admit that fact makes me hopefully biased towards them. I definitely dislike them.

When I was doing my list for the draft thingy I was struck by what seemed to be the inordinate number of Jets players in the top 100 or so. You'd think they wouldn't be a tire fire with the talent they have. The problem is, as you state, down the middle.

Makes you glad JBOT can't swing a dead cat around in the locker room without hitting a decent to outstanding center on our team.

When I was doing my list for the draft thingy I was struck by what seemed to be the inordinate number of Jets players in the top 100 or so. You'd think they wouldn't be a tire fire with the talent they have. The problem is, as you state, down the middle.

Makes you glad JBOT can't swing a dead cat around in the locker room without hitting a decent to outstanding center on our team.

Yup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.