332 wins for Ruff

PASabreFan

Is there a good reason that the playoffs are never counted when talking about coaching wins, goals, points, team winning streaks, last time you won in a certain building, etc.? That really bugs me.

Playoffs? What's that? :o

Playoffs? What's that? :o

well, history lesson...

back before the sabres sucked for 5 years, they were in the playoffs and winning series left and right.

You see, ted nolan won that ottawa series, then got humiliated by the flyers and was dumped soon after.. the following year, lindy beat the crap out of the flyers and never looked back. I remember in 2001, he wore the same suit that he wore for the clinching game when grosek scored in OT... it psyched out the flyers and we won 8-0. Lindy is the best playoff coach heading into the playoffs this year.

well, history lesson...

back before the sabres sucked for 5 years, they were in the playoffs and winning series left and right.

You see, ted nolan won that ottawa series, then got humiliated by the flyers and was dumped soon after.. the following year, lindy beat the crap out of the flyers and never looked back. I remember in 2001, he wore the same suit that he wore for the clinching game when grosek scored in OT... it psyched out the flyers and we won 8-0. Lindy is the best playoff coach heading into the playoffs this year.

I take exception with this statement. :angry:

The Sabres only stunk for 3 years. :P

They were typically very good this year (minus 2 stretches) and they were best in the league the prior year. Nobody could score on them last year! Even the "mighty" Sens couldn't beat Buffalo last season. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I take exception with this statement. :angry:

The Sabres only stunk for 3 years. :P

They were typically very good this year (minus 2 stretches) and they were best in the league the prior year. Nobody could score on them last year! Even the "mighty" Sens couldn't beat Buffalo last season. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also take exception to that statement. No way that Lindy's suits could psyche out anyone who has purchased a suit in the last twenty years.

Archived