[Game Day] Flyers @ Sabres 8:00PM

SabresBeat

Good to see Miller hasn't changed too much with his time off. Still giving up the first two goals (so far) once again.

Bad move. Biron has won two in a row and should have gotten the start. Miller is the backup imo.

Let's not give Kalinin a pass on that first goal. Weak, weak attempt to check the scorer.

Speaking of passes, it seems like Sabre fans give Drury a pass for some reason. I have not been impressed by his play of late. He's losing a ton of faceoffs, like the huge one in the Flyer zone at the end of period with the Sabres enjoying a 4 on 3.

So much speed on this team, but it seems like Max is the only one displaying it. With the goaltending on this team, though, it's all going to go to waste, I'm afraid. The game could have easily been 3-0 after Miller coughed a huge rebound, then started flailing around the crease.

Let's not give Kalinin a pass on that first goal. Weak, weak attempt to check the scorer.

Speaking of passes, it seems like Sabre fans give Drury a pass for some reason. I have not been impressed by his play of late. He's losing a ton of faceoffs, like the huge one in the Flyer zone at the end of period with the Sabres enjoying a 4 on 3.

So much speed on this team, but it seems like Max is the only one displaying it. With the goaltending on this team, though, it's all going to go to waste, I'm afraid. The game could have easily been 3-0 after Miller coughed a huge rebound, then started flailing around the crease.

well, provided that miller gives up a few more tonight, i believe the ryan miller experiment for 2005-2006 has come to an end. the team plays better in front of biron. biron plays better than miller. no controversy, but biron needs to be the starter and miller needs to prove himself again. hell, send him to rochester and call up their goalie.

Connolly's goal might have been the goal of the year. What hands. He rattled the water bottle holder. I never knew there was a water bottle holder! And what a shot by Ales Kotalik. I've been waiting to see that one-timer. Wow.

Where is everyone?

Hi Corp.

Well if that's a playoff preview, look out. The Flyer D might be big and slow and lumbering, but they looked very effective.

I thought Miller played better as the game went along. He came out aggressively to the top of the crease to rob a Flyer after Lydman pooped his pants in the third period.

I don't know -- the Sabres played the way I felt about the game. Blah. Obviously most in the crowd, far short of a sellout, felt the same way. Definite letdown after Wednesday.

Tomorrow becomes huge now. A big loss and they're right back in the dumper.

I can't say that I'm sorry or mad that they lost. However, this game just had no emotion from several players. I'm sure I could have fallen asleep if I was so inclined. Which, after being up all day and having to work all night tonite, a nap would have been the smarter move.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

well, provided that miller gives up a few more tonight, i believe the ryan miller experiment for 2005-2006 has come to an end. the team plays better in front of biron. biron plays better than miller. no controversy, but biron needs to be the starter and miller needs to prove himself again. hell, send him to rochester and call up their goalie.

Miller is playing terrible right now, but I think it's unfair to say Biron plays better than Miller. When Miller is on, he is better. Biron and Miller each gave up 4 goals on 34 shots in their last games. Maybe Biron will change my mind tomorrow night, but I don't feel comfortable going into the playoffs with him in net. Not that I exactly feel comfortable with Miller in there right now either.

Miller is playing terrible right now, but I think it's unfair to say Biron plays better than Miller. When Miller is on, he is better. Biron and Miller each gave up 4 goals on 34 shots in their last games. Maybe Biron will change my mind tomorrow night, but I don't feel comfortable going into the playoffs with him in net. Not that I exactly feel comfortable with Miller in there right now either.

Hopeless, the problem isn't the # of goals they are giving up, it's the timing of the goals they are giving up, and the situations that they give them up in. Miller giving up the goal on the Flyers 1st shot took the life right out of them. Yes, it was a bad play to give up the shot, but Miller has to make that save.

The 2nd and 3rd goals came from the point, and an NHL #1 man can't give up 2 of those in 1 game with his team down by a goal each time.

The 4th goal, Ryan was hung out to dry, but he has stated repeatedly that he intentionally stays back in his net to allow himself a chance to make saves on those sorts of shots. I don't know if he cut down the angle to his right so much because Corsi wants him to be more aggressive or if he lost focus. If it was by design he was challenging the shooter (which I suspect was the case), then shame on the D for leaving Knuble alone. If he lost focus, then shame on the D but Ryan please regain your focus.

This outcome was too real a possibility for me to have wanted Ryan to get the start tonight. I don't know which Flyer I heard in the post game show (I only heard one of their comments) but he basically said they were ecstatic to come out of here with the win, which I translated to mean they didn't think they had a prayer.

Also, you are correct. When Miller is on he is better than Marty (no ifs, ands, or buts about it). But Miller has not been "on" since before the Olympic break. While Marty isn't at 100% IMO (based on what I saw in TO and more importantly based on what I have read here about the Ottawa game), I'd estimate him at 90% of where I would like him to be. I'd have a hard time saying that Ryan is at 70%. At those levels, Marty is better than Ryan. So the way I see it, the team has about 3 weeks to get Ryan ready, because I don't know that the Sabres can get through the 2nd round without him at 100%. Marty can get the Sabres through Philly.