Undrafted or Unsigned Free Agents out there, anyone of interest

North Buffalo

What my model does with Darren Raddysh

He was the 53rd best defensemen as a 17 year old, it's not surprising he doesn't get selected.

As an 18 year old, he's 6th best, this is where you use your 4th round pick, no one did.

As a 19 year old, he's 28th best, maybe should get drafted, but I'm going to pass this year on 28th best plus 2 defenders.

As a 20 year old, he's 8th best, of course you make an offer.

In the top 8 for 20 year olds also includes Sebastian Aho (the Swede), though undrafted, it seems he has a contract for the next couple years.

What my model does with Darren Raddysh

He was the 53rd best defensemen as a 17 year old, it's not surprising he doesn't get selected.

As an 18 year old, he's 6th best, this is where you use your 4th round pick, no one did.

As a 19 year old, he's 28th best, maybe should get drafted, but I'm going to pass this year on 28th best plus 2 defenders.

As a 20 year old, he's 8th best, of course you make an offer.

In the top 8 for 20 year olds also includes Sebastian Aho (the Swede), though undrafted, it seems he has a contract for the next couple years.

What did your model say about Estephan?

A general aside, the move to not sign Estephan is a pretty clear indication to me that Jbot is going to go after a couple of college/chl FAs that fit his model instead of handing contracts to TM's draft picks. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens to some of the 2016 draftees also.

Edited by GASabresFan

Estephan

84th forward as 16 year old

61st forward as 17 year old

38th forward as 18 year old

79th forward as 19 year old

If you chart that against Phil Varone, as Dudachek would tell you, their trend lines are almost atop each other. As such, I'd be fine signing him, Ok if they don't.

Interesting. Still think this kid is better then Varone.

Right now I have no problem with Jbot signing and acquiring any D he can find. Time to throw some spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks.

Right now our D looks like this

NHL: Bogo, Risto, Falk, McCabe, Gorges and Antipin

AHL: Nelson, Guhle, Stephens, Martin & Austin (rfa)

UFA: Franson, Kulikov, Fedun, Burgdoerfer and Bodie (I doubt any return).

Easily have room for 4-5 more D.

Edited by GASabresFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.