What if Matthews Were 1 Week Older?

Taro T

If Matthews were one week older & had qualified for the '15 draft, the Loafs would've been screwed. Matthews would've been a Yote & TO likely ends up w/ Strome & most likely Laine but possibly Puljuvari.

Can't see the Loafs in the playoffs right now in that scenario. Especially if they don't take Laine 1st overall.

W/ 1 less high end F in last year's draft, maybe Nylander is gone & either Chycrun (my preference) or Sergachev is a Sabre.

Darn shame Matthews mom didn't have a planned C-section a week earlier. :p

Thoughts?

Matthews belongs in Phoenix, would have been very cool. And the '15 draft would go down as a pretty epic one. Realistic chance that these are the best three players in the league 5 years from now.

Would we still have tanked as hard if there were two consolation prizes? I think so

Matthews belongs in Phoenix, would have been very cool. And the '15 draft would go down as a pretty epic one. Realistic chance that these are the best three players in the league 5 years from now.

Would we still have tanked as hard if there were two consolation prizes? I think so

Murray wanted McClavicle. The Sabres definitely would have still raced to the bottom even if being #2 was still good enough to guarantee #3.

I hope Strome reaches his potential out in the desert. Imagine being a Yotes fan and watching Matthews pot 40 goals while Dylan got sent down after a miserable 7 games. He still lit it up in the OHL, so there's hope. But that one week stings, badly.

And we still pick Eichel because he is the better overall player, now winning the lottery last year would have really screwed everyone over :D

Matthews the pure goal scorer next to Eichel :p

Having come out of those 3 drafts w/ Reinhart, Eichel, & Laine eould've been truly sweet.

Would've been interesting watching Bylsma screw that up. :doh:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.