Captain Jack

LGR4GM

After hearing that press conference I see no way and no reason Jack will not be captain for next year. He clearly is the leader on that team and he's a vocal leader who can back it up. Is he perfect yet? no. I do get the feeling the more responsibility you hand to him the more responsible he will be. He seems to hold himself and those around him to a higher standard and we need that.

Do you really think he's on some road to perfection? You're starting to approach hero worshipping status.

Do you really think he's on some road to perfection? You're starting to approach hero worshipping status.

No, I am recognizing a character trait. He hates to lose. Jack isn't a hero, he's a hockey player. He's the best player on the team at 20. Make him captain. 

Captain is not a GM decision.  It's the coach's decision.  And contrary to popular sentiment, no, it's not time.  The time to name a new captain is training camp, once the roster is established. 

and yet the wing nuts are off the rails demanding the opposite. 

He will be made captain for next seaosn. he obviously should be and will be

If Eichel isn't at the very least an Alternate Captain for 2017-18, it will be a HUGE slight to Eichel!  McDavid - they have already given him a C, and next year will be his second season with the C.   

If Bylsma is still making those decisions, and leaves Eichel letterless, and leaves the A on someone like One Goal Gorges,  expect the locker room friction to increase.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.