Amerks sign deal with MSG

inkman

As a DirecTV subscriber, this is great news. I couldn't watch any of their televised games as they were all on Time Warner Sports. This season they have 5 games remaining that will be televised.

From Democrat & Chronicle

Amerks brought into MSG family

http://on.rocne.ws/2gVmXkY

Not as many Rochester Americans hockey games will be carried on local television this season.But the move to MSG from Time Warner cable puts Amerks games on the same channel that carries the parent Buffalo Sabres, as well as Buffalo Bills programming, meaning the same sports fan base can do one-stop channel clicking.“Being able to align the Amerks broadcasts along with the other properties of Pegula Sports and Entertainment is very exciting for us,’’ said Rob Kopacz, vice president of business operations for the Amerks. “It’s something I believe will be great for our fans and hockey fans throughout the region.’’The MSG package is for only five games, half of what was aired on Time Warner, but its sets the groundwork for more games to be carried in the future. Of those five, three are against New York-based clubs Syracuse, Albany and Utica.

MSG-WNY is not offered on directv. At least not in the Nashville region.

Nor the Buffalo region for some undoubtedly stupid reason. Al Permajerk from the Buffalo wrong News suggested that people in Buffalo complain to DirecTV about this. There has to be a reason DTV isn't carrying MSGWNY and that reason is without a doubt money.

I'm guessing the endless,squeeze the carrier squeeze the consumer battle that is now a permanent fixture of our lives is the cause.

Dish decided they won't play ball and don't carry MSG at all. I have to tip my hat to them for not caving though.

The buck has to stop somewhere. I'm sure Dish pays for it here as I have to believe their subscriber base is a joke compared to DTV, Time Warner and Fios as a result. But the bean counters have made a stand. I can support that although to be fair I have DTV and would switch to whatever provider gives me access to Sabres games. Except Fios of course. The bastards stopped the build out just down the street and I don't think we'll ever get it now.

Screw them all. There is a new day coming even if we don't know just how yet. I know a lot of people here that if Sabres were available on line somehow they're ditching cable, DTV, Fios altogether.

Which is exactly why the Cable companies / Fox and so on pump huge money into these leagues and prevent streaming locally. 

True... but its getting to the point where it won't matter anymore TV is just too expensive.  As far as the Sabres are concerned it's worse because MSG doesn't allow any streaming.  You can't even stream them on TWCTV app when you pay for the cable subscription.

Look at DirecTV Now... MSG conveniently not on the list of stations you can stream (but most FoxSports NHL covered teams are there)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.