OT: Anybody here currently in Western NC, northwestern SC or Eastern Tennessee?

JJFIVEOH

If you have something fun to drive, make sure to hit the Dragon/Cherahola triangle.

Haha, I've done the Dragon and Devil's Whip. Unfortunately, I did it in an F250 diesel that I'm driving now. There is a dude that rents out Slingshots, it's really tempting, but I think he charges about a billion dollars an hour. Especially during leafer season. 

Haha, I've done the Dragon and Devil's Whip. Unfortunately, I did it in an F250 diesel that I'm driving now. There is a dude that rents out Slingshots, it's really tempting, but I think he charges about a billion dollars an hour. Especially during leafer season. 

Heh, I don't know if I'd do it in the diesel; I'd be too embarrassed holding everyone else up and I'm not sure the turn-outs are big enough to let people by. I've been lucky enough to run those roads a few times with minimal traffic on Wednesdays. I've never really been in that area when it was busy, and I'm glad.

Heh, I don't know if I'd do it in the diesel; I'd be too embarrassed holding everyone else up and I'm not sure the turn-outs are big enough to let people by. I've been lucky enough to run those roads a few times with minimal traffic on Wednesdays. I've never really been in that area when it was busy, and I'm glad.

Yeah, I hit Devil's Whip just because it was the only way to my condo. I hit the Dragon on a slow day and made sure there was nobody rarin' to go behind me so I didn't hold anybody up. You'd be surprised how well an F-250 can take the turns with all the weight in the front end and oversized tires. Best way to do it is to turn off overdrive and put it in 2nd gear. After 21 years of drag racing, I'm seriously putting in some thought to taking my car and turning it back into the corner carver it originally was back in the day. THAT would be fun. 

My god I missed the smell of autumn. 

Yeah, I hit Devil's Whip just because it was the only way to my condo. I hit the Dragon on a slow day and made sure there was nobody rarin' to go behind me so I didn't hold anybody up. You'd be surprised how well an F-250 can take the turns with all the weight in the front end and oversized tires. Best way to do it is to turn off overdrive and put it in 2nd gear. After 21 years of drag racing, I'm seriously putting in some thought to taking my car and turning it back into the corner carver it originally was back in the day. THAT would be fun. 

My god I missed the smell of autumn. 

I assume you have a 5.0; I'd be surprised if a 5.0 could hang in the corners with with even a moderately sporty current car. That's not a slight on the 5.0, just that 20+ years of progress have made some incredible strides in handling and braking even for everyday cars. Unless you were planning on doing work on those things and not returning to stock, of course.

I assume you have a 5.0; I'd be surprised if a 5.0 could hang in the corners with with even a moderately sporty current car. That's not a slight on the 5.0, just that 20+ years of progress have made some incredible strides in handling and braking even for everyday cars. Unless you were planning on doing work on those things and not returning to stock, of course.

Man, tell me about it. They've done some incredible things with injectors, fuel curves, fuel deliver, cam and ignition timing over the last few years to make the high performance market golden. Mine wouldn't be too radical, just something fast and cruise-worthy. Something better than a diesel lol.

That's IF I do it. Lots of IFs at the moment. 

I hope you're planning trips to Sierra Nevada and Wicked Weed....

I plan to do one of those. I'm in Sapphire for the week so getting out of here is tough. (For those that haven't been here, it's difficult. 25MPH hairpin turns for an hour). But I plan to hit Greenville twice before Sunday. One for a bike trip on the Swamp Rabbit and I may go back Friday for the home opener of the Swamp Rabbits. Asheville will be Monday-Thursday of next week. 

I plan to do one of those. I'm in Sapphire for the week so getting out of here is tough. (For those that haven't been here, it's difficult. 25MPH hairpin turns for an hour). But I plan to hit Greenville twice before Sunday. One for a bike trip on the Swamp Rabbit and I may go back Friday for the home opener of the Swamp Rabbits. Asheville will be Monday-Thursday of next week. 

It moved.

I'm jealous; I camped off US276 on my last bike trip down there. On the way down, someone introduced me to a pretty awesome "race": Start up at the top of one of the hills (like on the BRP), put your bike in neutral or off and coast down. First to the bottom wins. It entirely rewards corner speed and brake control. The roads up there are such that there's no lack of speed, that's for sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.