104 former players sue NHL

Huckleberry

A physician ultimately determined Robitaille had a permanent disability caused by his spinal injury, but not before the team tried to trade him while he was bed-ridden, ordered him to the arena for failed, embarrassing skating attempts and withheld paychecks.

“He told me that my career was over, which should be the worst thing you ever want to hear,” Robitaille said, “but they had told me so many times that I was a con job and I was letting everybody down, that when they told me that I was actually happy to hear it. It gave me some credibility.”

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/06/17/former-sabre-mike-robitaille-and-103-other-former-hockey-players-sue-nhl/

I know these were other times and the knowledge of doctors wasn't the same as now, but reading this article there was some serious neglect being tolerated around the league.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/06/17/former-sabre-mike-robitaille-and-103-other-former-hockey-players-sue-nhl/

I know these were other times and the knowledge of doctors wasn't the same as now, but reading this article there was some serious neglect being tolerated around the league.

Rico was seriously disgruntled when he was traded from Buffalo because he'd recieved similar treatment regarding his knee. Shameful.

Last season I saw Bogo smash full speed into a forward as he was coming up ice and he looked out of it on the ice. He didn't miss a shift. I wonder if he was given any check up or anything. I'm sure the league will argue in the case that the players macho attitude and gun ho approach hurt any attempt to treat them or detect injury and that it's impossible to prove they were not hurt in juniors or even earlier. If the players win will this open up a flood of law suits by other players?

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.