Who Has Higher Potential? Fasching, Bailey or Foligino?

bob_sauve28

Hmmm. I've always thought Hagelin was a pretty bad hockey player with incredible speed. I guess I'll have to revisit that.

He is not Afenogenov. When I watch Hagelin play I just think that if Max had tried to play more like that he would have been a much better player. Hagelin uses his speed to attack on the forecheck while Max wanted to carry the puck more. Bailey is not like either of those players, imo.

I just don't see Bailey having the checking game, or the physical game to be a good bottom six guy.

But he does have speed and effort. Maybe that will compensate.

I don't think he needs either of those things to be an effective 4th liner. A guy who can push the pace and generate chances, even if he lacks the finish to cash them regularly, has a place on my 4th line.

definitely not Foligino.....although the elder Foligino might disagree - -  :flirt:

We have not seen enough of Fasching and he has more room to develop, IMHO. The post above about too many passes bouncing off Bailey's stick concerns me; is that legit ?

I guess Bailey's hands will be something to watch next fall. He was a goal scorer in juniors and started picking it up in minors last year. I could see him as a twenty goal scorer

I know Hockeys Future is gone, but I always liked their prospect rating (which was the first one of its kind that I paid attention to).

So, Bailey's numerical value is the highest of this group (a solid 7, I'd think (7.5?)), but he'd probably be in that "C" category of possibility that he does not pan out.

Fasching, OTOH, might be more of a 6 or 6.5, but I think he'd be a "B" in term of how he projects.

Foligno is pretty much slotted as a "6, A," I think. So, a third-liner. Question being: How good of a third liner can he be? One of the best in the league? Maybe. In that event, he'd nudge up to 6.5. I'm sure that sort of movement happens after a player's prospect phase is over. But not too often.

I don't think it's gone:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/buffalo_sabres/

They have Bailey as a 7.5C and Fasching as a 7.0C. 

I know others are more positive on Foligno but after watching the playoffs quite a bit I keep thinking he is more like a 4th liner on a contender. The Penguins 3rd line is Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel!

I think Fasching will have the best career but Bailey will be very useful as well. I can see Fasching on the 4th line next year and slotting up for injuries. Ideally he would share 3rd line minutes with Gionta.

IMO Bailey will be an injury call up but will be a leader in Rochester with the new guys and advance to the playoffs with them.

Foligno is gonna be in this league a long time, whether in Buffalo or not he has proven he can play in the league.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.