Campbell is now in the bottom 10 for +/-

LabattBlue

How the hell does Recchi have a -34?

My big question is most of the bottom feeders on this list either are on bad teams or were on bad teams. How are the Sabres so successful with +/- bottom feeders in the lineup such as Fitzpatrick, Campbell, Drury, Grier & Vanek? :o

My big question is most of the bottom feeders on this list either are on bad teams or were on bad teams. How are the Sabres so successful with +/- bottom feeders in the lineup such as Fitzpatrick, Campbell, Drury, Grier & Vanek? :o

I've heard criticisms about this all year. It's the fact that our power play has kicked butt that we have been so successful. Even strength we are a very pedestrian team. I remember during the one Ottawa game where the announcers mentioned that while Buffalo was only like +10 in even strength goals Ottawa was something like +60.

Quick answer: because a lot of their scoring comes on powerplays and their penalty kill is also excellent, so they don't get the +'s, and probably a higher percentage of other team's points create the - for the Sabres. (Too lazy and too pressed for time to verify that one right now.)

Also, while the Sabres did paste the Kings, they don't tend to win running away very often. They have gotten crushed at least 5 times in their 23 losses. Giving up 6 even strength goals against TO did not do much to help anyone's +/-.

Quick answer: because a lot of their scoring comes on powerplays and their penalty kill is also excellent, so they don't get the +'s, and probably a higher percentage of other team's points create the - for the Sabres. (Too lazy and too pressed for time to verify that one right now.)

Also, while the Sabres did paste the Kings, they don't tend to win running away very often. They have gotten crushed at least 5 times in their 23 losses. Giving up 6 even strength goals against TO did not do much to help anyone's +/-.

It's also an indication of how poorly Drury & Grier(they have been together the entire year) have played 5 on 5. It is a complete fabrication for anyone to come out and say that these two guys are reliable in their own end. I would expect better results from someone who asked that Satan not be brought back. After all, defensive play is not about skill level. It's all about effort.

Archived