Most Underrated NHL Player

WildCard

OV.  I don't think fans appreciate that we are watching one of the top five players of all-time. He needs a Cup to solidify his spot with the likes of Gretzky, Orr and Lemieux.

So, if he's top 5, and you are granting Gretzky, Orr, & Lemieux 3 of the other spots, which 2 are you bumping out for Ovie: Hasek, Harvey, or Howe? (Yes, 1 has to be out anyway for top 5, but you're knocking 2 out; which 2?)

So, if he's top 5, and you are granting Gretzky, Orr, & Lemieux 3 of the other spots, which 2 are you bumping out for Ovie: Hasek, Harvey, or Howe? (Yes, 1 has to be out anyway for top 5, but you're knocking 2 out; which 2?)

Think you have to include the Rocket there as well.

He was certainly the Ovi of his generation.

Thought about adding him & Howie Morentz to the conversation, but even w/out them, it's a tough row to hoe. And personally, those 2 don't make my top 6, Which is why in a discussion about top 5, I did not include them; deserving though they may be.

I'm knocking out Harvey and Howe.  I am becoming a real modernist lately when it comes to sports. I think that most of the average player sin today's game would be stars in the 60's-70's & 80's. Even the lessor tier goalies would be stars in that era. The evolution of NHL players as athletes over the past 20 years, especially in goal, has been phenomenal.

I feel this way across all sports.   

Problem with players like the Rocket is that the level of goaltending during his time was pretty sad. Much like hitters today in baseball compared to the 50's and 60's. I think hitters today would crush the cheese thrown by pitchers from that era. 

Edited by DeLuca1967

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.