"Trending" tag on thread descriptions

PASabreFan

Now that we have a few days without Sabres games, I wanted to make a suggestion.

An example will be more helpful than a generic description here: We have that thread about the broadcast survey the Sabres did. The discussion branched off into Rob Ray's performance and the possibility of a new regional sports network. But if the thread title didn't interest you and you weren't following the thread, you never would have known these topics were being discussed. I look at many thread titles every day and have no interest in clicking, but I might if I knew that the discussion had moved, or trended, in a more interesting direction.

How to do it though?

First of all, the thread starter would have to take responsibility here. I don't want to dump any more responsibility on the moderators.

Other than updating the thread title, the best way would seem to be to add a topic tag. So instead of adding redundant tags, or even snarky ones, when the thread is created, write a good thread title and leave the tags blank, then update the tags as the discussion evolves.

It might look like:

Sabres survey about MSG broadcasts

Started by Moulson26, 19 Dec 2015 (tag icon) Trending: New regional sports network Previous: Rob Ray

Thoughts? A little extra work by the thread starter could make the board a heckuva lot more functional.

Edited by pASabreFan

Now that we have a few days without Sabres games, I wanted to make a suggestion.

An example will be more helpful than a generic description here: We have that thread about the broadcast survey the Sabres did. The discussion branched off into Rob Ray's performance and the possibility of a new regional sports network. But if the thread title didn't interest you and you weren't following the thread, you never would have known these topics were being discussed. I look at many thread titles every day and have no interest in clicking, but I might if I knew that the discussion had moved, or trended, in a more interesting direction.

How to do it though?

First of all, the thread starter would have to take responsibility here. I don't want to dump any more responsibility on the moderators.

Other than updating the thread title, the best way would seem to be to add a topic tag. So instead of adding redundant tags, or even snarky ones, when the thread is created, write a good thread title and leave the tags blank, then update the tags as the discussion evolves.

It might look like:

Sabres survey about MSG broadcasts

Started by Moulson26, 19 Dec 2015 (tag icon) Trending: New regional sports network Previous: Rob Ray

Thoughts? A little extra work by the thread starter could make the board a heckuva lot more functional.

Does Liger really have the time to adjust the tags on every thread here? :p

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.