Who does Tim Murray Trade in the summer of 2015?

LGR4GM

I agree. McDavid is so tempting though but the cost would be astronomical. Plus NO way a team from Canada trades its new prodigal hockey son. If this were Arizona I would say there would be a better chance.

Price is definitely to high. If Mcdavid pulls a Lindros then I say go after him, but anything short of that I'll pass. Let NHL pay the price for their lottery system. By letting him wallow in hockey ####.

Edited by sabresith

Price is definitely to high. If Mcdavid pulls a Lindros then I say go after him, but anything short of that I'll pass. Let NHL pay the price for their lottery system. By letting him wallow in hockey ####.

Even then the price would still be to high, i don't think there is that much difference in talent between the two to warrant that move.

To get Connor McDavid I believe the Sabres would have to deal the 2nd overall pick in 2015, the 21st overall pick in 2015, their 1st round pick in 2016 and assets.  And that is just to stay on the phone.

The minimal distance between the talents of McDavid and Eichel just doesn't justify this kind of deal. Not even close. 

GO SABRES!!!

Any idea when we'll know for sure on the cap? I can't seem to remember when it gets set.

My info came from a SI article that made it sound like August. They were quoting the likes of Goldman-Sachs on future value of the Canadian Dollar for July and August and how if it continues on it's current trend that the latest estimates of 69-70 million salary cap may be revised down again from the last Governors meeting in January. 

An interesting turn, and could be a very fortunate stroke of luck, for teams with a lot of cap room and an owner with deep pockets and a savvy GM, no?

There is no way in hell Murray retains 50% of Hodgson's cap. The reason to dump Hodgson would be to free up cap space and a roster spot for a better player and if he was willing to waste over $2 million in space for the next 4 seasons then he's better off buying him out at 1/3 his contract value which can only be done before he turns 25.

You're probably right, but at the same time $2 million isn't really going to hurt us when somewhere around half of the team is going to be on entry level deal/cheap bridge deals for the duration of Hodgson's contract. I imagine Murray will explore all options. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.