Erie Otters vs London Knights

I am Defecting

It is dream matchup of OHL playoffs - teen idol matchup that every girl in Canada was screaming about.  We got our wish girls.  It starts on Thursday.

erie-otters-vslondon.jpg

GAME TIME

•  

at Erie
    Thu Apr 9, 7:00

•  

at Erie
    Fri Apr 10, 7:00

•  

vs Erie
    Sun Apr 12, 7:00

•  

vs Erie
    Tue Apr 14, 7:00

•  

at Erie
    Fri Apr 17, 7:00

Marner and the Knights were 1-5 in games against McDavid and the Otters in the regular season.  What makes this interesting is that the Knights have the hot hand, especially Marner these playoffs.  Mitch, as you'd be able to tell from the pictures, is a late developer physically, but is his ceiling at McDavid's level?  That question, and many others will make this an interesting series. 

That had better not be a reference to camel toe!

Looks more like a mooseknuckle to me. :wub:

Anyhow, comrades, though it appears we will never be able to come to a consensus as to what makes for the ideal Russian woman, in this thread, we can, at least talk about what makes for the ideal Canadian teenage boy, which is hockey.

As you know, I am intrigued by Marner.  He is my dark horse.  He is my... What-if-Patrick-Kane...  I see much potential in the boy, if one can judge from much Youtube, many stats sheets, and selective prose literature.  Also, I watched Junior World Championships.  No Marner.  McDavidThere is something to this idea of rates of growth that intrigues me.  It goes back to my days as a track star for the Soviet Women's National Teams.  At 17, and even 18, there are some that look full grown, and some that will grow some more.  We shall see.

The Otters just filed for bankruptcy.  

It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's pretty bad.

All stems from the owners of the NHL Oilers being the only secured creditors of the Otters.  Seems that there are some monkey shines going on that the owner of the Oilers is making clandestine efforts to try to block the sale of the Otters to any buyer that plans to keep the team in Erie (or something like that).

The Otters owner (Sherry Bassin) was on with Bob McCown on Prime Time Sports (Fan590) last night and I listened between client meetings.  It was voluntary on the part of the Otters, but the situation doesn't pass the sniff test.  There has to be something more to it.

It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's pretty bad.

All stems from the owners of the NHL Oilers being the only secured creditors of the Otters.  Seems that there are some monkey shines going on that the owner of the Oilers is making clandestine efforts to try to block the sale of the Otters to any buyer that plans to keep the team in Erie (or something like that).

The Otters owner (Sherry Bassin) was on with Bob McCown on Prime Time Sports (Fan590) last night and I listened between client meetings.  It was voluntary on the part of the Otters, but the situation doesn't pass the sniff test.  There has to be something more to it.

There are rumors of the lease being involved. The arena that they play in is nice, but I believe that the lease $'s is a lot more than can be justified. The rumor is that there where many potential buyers, till they read the lease.

McDavid making me look like a fool tonight.  Erie had home ice advantage, but Marner's opening shortie gave the Knights the early lead.  The Knights were outshot 20+ to 3 after 1.  Domi tacked on another at the beginning of the second, and was looking like a miracle in the making.  Then it all came together for the Otters, who scored 5 unanswered.  

It's a 7 game series, but McDavid and company just made a big statement.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.