OT: Anyone Have a Home Security System

ubkev

If you are comfortable with it, I would also say get a home defense shotgun. I would suggest a 20 gauge, it is powerful enough to stop an intruder, but probably wont kill him (or her) as long as you are using home defense shells, and another benny is at close range the load wont blow straight through the target, thereby reducing collateral damage. Get a pistol gripped pump action Mossberg, chances are once the intruder hears the pump upstairs, they will be booking it and you wont have to use one shot!

I've heard the sound of a pump-shotgun is one of the most recognizable sounds in the world.

I taught my fiance how to use a gun, and then gifted to her my first shotgun (Remington 870 express 20 ga).

We have a pit bull/retriever mix for a dog.

I don't need a security system. If you get passed the dog when I'm not around, you can have the stuff. typically, someone cannot get in the door without me commanding him to heel, or sit. he doesn't like unannounced strangers (just ask the propane delivery man that thought it would be ok to open the screen door when the front door was open (we were in the back hallway)). Dog was not happy.

Once he knows you're ok, he's fine with people. He's not aggressive in public though. only at home. just the way I like him to be. (also, he loves kids, once I tell him they are ok at his house. In public, he has licked more little kids that have come up to pet him than I can count).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.