Things better at hockey than Leino

Johnny DangerFace

dude, stop being a pu$$y this guy gets paid millions of dollars to play the game he supposedly loves, criticism comes with the territory. Especially when it is coming from the people who pay him (the fans)

I'm not arguing he's playing like $hit, or that he is WAY overpaid. But Cmon, this thread is over the top. Although it's genuinely hilarious. Am I the only one that has the slightest glimmer of hope that he can turn it around? After all, we should all know the only time Leino performs is in the playoffs, and it's not completely his fault were not even close to making them.

The good thing about Ville Leino for all those you can't see a silver lining, if everyone on the team played like Leino, we would have more consecutive 1sts then Edmonton. Give the guy some props, he knows how to tank. Girgensons could learn a lot from him!!

Edited by Naulter8

I'm not arguing he's playing like $hit, or that he is WAY overpaid. But Cmon, this thread is over the top. Although it's genuinely hilarious. Am I the only one that has the slightest glimmer of hope that he can turn it around? After all, we should all know the only time Leino performs is in the playoffs, and it's not completely his fault were not even close to making them.

We're ALL hoping he turns it around. We're not setting his lawn on fire or posting these pictures in his grocery store. As I mentioned before, when his coach (who is regarded as a "player's coach") publicly and repeatedly questions his effort - that's good enough for me to make fun of him on the internet.

The good thing about Ville Leino for all those you can't see a silver lining, if everyone on the team played like Leino, we would have more consecutive 1sts then Edmonton. Give the guy some props, he knows how to tank. Girgensons could learn a lot from him!!

You know what pisses me off the most about Leino? It's not that his making WAY too much money, and brings absolutely nothing.

It's that he claimed he could play center, then two weeks into the season starts bitching about it, making remarks about "how he's much more comfortable on the wing" etc. etc.

Yes, Darcy made a huge mistake bringing in him in, and basically everyone could see in advance that Leino was NOT a center, but nevertheless he should've kept his yap shut about being able to play that position cause he sure as ###### can't.

Edited by Kristian

You know what pisses me off the most about Leino? It's not that his making WAY too much money, and brings absolutely nothing.

It's that he claimed he could play center, then two weeks into the season starts bitching about it, making remarks about "how he's much more comfortable on the wing" etc. etc.

Yes, Darcy made a huge mistake bringing in him in, and basically everyone could see in advance that Leino was NOT a center, but nevertheless he should've kept his yap shut about being able to play that position cause he sure as ###### can't.

we have no idea how the deal went down and what happened during negotiations between the Sabres and Leino.

All we know was that the Sabres signed him with the intention of making him a Centre instead of a winger. Leino agreed and signed the deal, then after doing it for a while and not succeeding he came out and said he feels more comfortable on the wing.

For all we know, the Sabres asked when negotiating if he would be in favour of making the switch, he said he would give it a try if thats what they wanted so the deal was completed. After trying it out for a bit he found he felt out of position and more comfortable on the wing. The Sabres front office and coaching staff have never made it knwon that they were disapointed or felt lied to by Leino (and you would think that if they would have felt lied to, he would not be on the team anymore and would have been released or bought out)

I don't want him to turn it around. I want him off this team as he contributes nothing. I don't want him to do anything and trick anyone into keeping him.

yeah, because if Leino turned things around and played up to his contract that would be such a horrible thing.

Seriously, I would love it if Leino and Stafford and other whipping boys here played better, it would make this team much better and not require years of rebuilding

we have no idea how the deal went down and what happened during negotiations between the Sabres and Leino.

All we know was that the Sabres signed him with the intention of making him a Centre instead of a winger. Leino agreed and signed the deal, then after doing it for a while and not succeeding he came out and said he feels more comfortable on the wing.

For all we know, the Sabres asked when negotiating if he would be in favour of making the switch, he said he would give it a try if thats what they wanted so the deal was completed. After trying it out for a bit he found he felt out of position and more comfortable on the wing. The Sabres front office and coaching staff have never made it knwon that they were disapointed or felt lied to by Leino (and you would think that if they would have felt lied to, he would not be on the team anymore and would have been released or bought out)

If a team goes out and sign a free agent winger to one of the biggest contracts on the team, with the intention of making him a center on a team void of centers, without making damn sure that player is able to play center at least reasonably well, they all deserve to be fired.

Oh wait - They were! :w00t:

No seriously - Darcy was an assclown, and although I love to hate on him, I don't think he was this big an assclown.

I feel pretty convinced Leino and his agent sold his center abilities a little too well in that deal. Circumstancial and guesswork? Sure, but not at all unreasonable to think that's how it went down.

I do however think Darcy was a big enough assclown to keep his prestige signings around until their contracts expired, regardless how much they sucked.

Hell, he even resigned a few of them when that happened, so to think Leino would be gone just because he oversold himself? That isn't how Darcy did things.

Edited by Kristian

yeah, because if Leino turned things around and played up to his contract that would be such a horrible thing.

Seriously, I would love it if Leino and Stafford and other whipping boys here played better, it would make this team much better and not require years of rebuilding

Ville Leino is 30 years old and has one year over 25 points.

Ville Leino is a goal scorer who has one year with double digit goals.

Ville Leino has only played one full season of nhl hockey

Ville Leino has three more years left on his salary with a cap hit of 4.5 million dollars.This is the last year we can use a compliance buyout.

Villar Leino leading stat this year is his turnovers.

Ville Leino can't play up to his contract because he isn't good enough. He is injury prone. He has a large contract. And for sh**s and giggles if he plays good for 30 games this remaining year, and the sabres keep this guy, it means we have him for three more years. That's why I don't want him to turn it around because I think it would be bad for the sabres. Ville Leino won't turn it around because he is ville leino.

(I am pro stafford though lol)

Edited by Numark

Ville Leino is 30 years old and has one year over 25 points.

Ville Leino is a goal scorer who has one year with double digit goals.

Ville Leino has only played one full season of nhl hockey

Ville Leino has three more years left on his salary with a cap hit of 4.5 million dollars.This is the last year we can use a compliance buyout.

Villar Leino leading stat this year is his turnovers.

Ville Leino can't play up to his contract because he isn't good enough. He is injury prone. He has a large contract. And for sh**s and giggles if he plays good for 30 games this remaining year, and the sabres keep this guy, it means we have him for three more years. That's why I don't want him to turn it around because I think it would be bad for the sabres. Ville Leino won't turn it around because he is ville leino.

(I am pro stafford though lol)

They can buy him out at anytime, the compliance buyout is only to get away from cap hits and spread it out.

Again, if he turns things around and plays up to his contract, whats so wrong with keeping him around?

You just assume that if he does anything, he will just go back to playing how he is playing now next season.

They can buy him out at anytime, the compliance buyout is only to get away from cap hits and spread it out.

Again, if he turns things around and plays up to his contract, whats so wrong with keeping him around?

You just assume that if he does anything, he will just go back to playing how he is playing now next season.

Because it's an extremely safe assumption? His one good nhl season is a complete deviation from every other season. I'd much rather the team use the compliance buyout and gain the benefits of doing so.

One does not simply turn it around if they play like Leino! Anyways who cares if I want Leino to turn it around or not. I don't want goal scorer who can't score, has no hustle, doesn't hit, and only turns the puck over. I want the sabres to use the compliance buyout on him this offseason, and him turning it around doesn't benefit our long term rebuild

Edited by Numark

Leino had one good stretch of hockey while with the Flyers, that's it. The Sabres were desperate and made a foolish signing. The last thing this franchise needs is to waste any time thinking there is a better hockey player somewhere in Leino and that it may some day magically appear. He just doesn't have the talent or the heart. Some on us knew it the day of the signing.

Again, I'm not saying they should just stick with him and keep him hoping that he turns it around, my point was that IF he turned it around, why would you not keep him if he became the player you expected to get in the first place.

Would you really want to gamble on Leino a second time. What is that saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. It would be a similar situation to banking on Stafford because of his recent little hot streak. Even if Leino started to play better I wouldn't count on it lasting for any significant amount of time.

Leino has played parts of 6 seasons, almost half of his production has come in 1 season. That and 1 good run in the playoffs has made Leino a rich man.

Again, I'm not saying they should just stick with him and keep him hoping that he turns it around, my point was that IF he turned it around, why would you not keep him if he became the player you expected to get in the first place.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Of course you would keep a player IF he was playing well. Leino isn't AND he hasn't since he arrived. Cut your losses, buy him out and move on...there are more fish in the sea.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.