Welcome back, Hank. GVT style.

IKnowPhysics

Another that is misleading is second assist. I think many times teams are guilty of giving second assists too freely.

That shouldn't be possible. I was of the thinking, from playing experience, that the goals and assists are told to the scorekeeping officials by the referees, and then I thought that the play was verified via video review.

That shouldn't be possible. I was of the thinking, from playing experience, that the goals and assists are told to the scorekeeping officials by the referees, and then I thought that the play was verified via video review.

Yup. The team doesn't track the assists. Video review confirms them.

Yeah I think you're right there. My bad.

Looks like Hank got the same memo that Pegula got when he met with the BN editorial board in 2011:

"I think Tyler is an exceptional young man and player," Tallinder said. "When he came in his first year, I've never seen a guy

that talented and that good at that age. Or very few of them, that I"ve played with at least. I think he's still young. I think you guys have been pretty hard on him too. He's going to be an exceptionally good player still. Just give him time. Let him play." http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2013/09/tallinder-on-myers-hes-going-to-be-an-exceptionally-good-player.html

This was sort of interesting too:

Tallinder spoke to the media before coach Ron Rolston, who surprised the gathering by saying Tallinder will start camp paired with Mark Pysyk and not with Tyler Myers. The prevailing wisdom was that a Myers-Tallinder pairing was a lock, giving Myers' Calder Trophy-winning season in 2010 with Tallinder. Rolston, however, said Myers will start with Christian Ehrhoff.

"I think Tyler is an exceptional young man and player," Tallinder said. "When he came in his first year, I've never seen a guy

that talented and that good at that age. Or very few of them, that I"ve played with at least. I think he's still young. I think you guys have been pretty hard on him too. He's going to be an exceptionally good player still. Just give him time. Let him play." http://blogs.buffalo...ood-player.html

And I don't disagree with Hank much here. I'm pretty hopeful still for Myers.

Archived