Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

My favorite football club takes the pitch tomorrow, in the city of Durban, South Africa. Manchester United first game of the preseason against Amazulu FC. 2pm kickoff on Fox Soccer Channel. Can't wait. It's a watered down (and youthful) squad United is taking with them on this tour, but still excited to see the Reds in action.

My footballing vacation is officially over with matches starting to begin!

It's great that real football is back. It always seems like the "off-season" is real short.

It's easy to be Man U fan ... :P . My favourite side is the other one from Manchester ... you know the one that won the Premiership last season and my favourite player is Edin Dzeko.

Don't the fans of Liverpool call their team the reds?

Is anyone super interested in seeing Brazil in the Olympic tournament?

On the men's side...This is their last international against European teams before hosting the World Cup. I assume it is really important for them to have some momentum going into 2014 and this is the last chance (other than Copa America 2013).

On the women's side...Oh boy. Marta and the rest of the ladies have to be itching for a Gold medal. They NEED A win Internationally.

I'm hoping Abby and the girls relegate them to the lesser pedastals again :flirt:

Is anyone super interested in seeing Brazil in the Olympic tournament?

On the men's side...This is their last international against European teams before hosting the World Cup. I assume it is really important for them to have some momentum going into 2014 and this is the last chance (other than Copa America 2013).

On the women's side...Oh boy. Marta and the rest of the ladies have to be itching for a Gold medal. They NEED A win Internationally.

I'm hoping Abby and the girls relegate them to the lesser pedastals again :flirt:

Brazil will be tough in the upcomig Olympic tournament.

Just like in the recent Euro tournament, if I were a betting man, my last $ would go on Spain to win Olympic gold.

Brazil will be tough in the upcomig Olympic tournament.

Just like in the recent Euro tournament, if I were a betting man, my last $ would go on Spain to win Olympic gold.

Probably a good bet. The South American teams will be pretty rested and they are always hungry for Olympic gold.

no they didnt

Great Britian (Host), South Korea, Japan, United Arab Emirates, Gabon, Morocco, Egypt, Mexico, Honduras, Brazil, Uruguay, new Zealand, Spain, Switzerland,Belarus,Senegal

+1 for doing research I was too lazy to do.

Do you have a team your rooting for? With no USMNT team, I'm grasping at straws. Go Senegal?

Watch England actually win this and no one care because Olympic soccer is of lower prestige than the World Junior Championships.

(Oops, sorry, GB, not England. I forget that in the Olympics, they need to unite the whole island.)

Edited by Eleven

Watch England actually win this and no one care because Olympic soccer is of lower prestige than the World Junior Championships.

(Oops, sorry, GB, not England. I forget that in the Olympics, they need to unite the whole island.)

Excuse me! It's held in lower regard than curling at the winter olympics is here. No, I'm really not joking. In fact darts gets more coverage.

It's great that real football is back. It always seems like the "off-season" is real short.

It's easy to be Man U fan ... :P . My favourite side is the other one from Manchester ... you know the one that won the Premiership last season and my favourite player is Edin Dzeko.

Don't the fans of Liverpool call their team the reds?

As far as I remember

Manchester United = Red Devils

Liverpool FC = Reds

Excuse me! It's held in lower regard than curling at the winter olympics is here. No, I'm really not joking. In fact darts gets more coverage.

Why is that you think? I have always felt the Brits love football so much they would take any chance they could to cheer for their National team.

Why is that you think? I have always felt the Brits love football so much they would take any chance they could to cheer for their National team.

It's all about the star players and your favourite club. Oh and beating the Germans, thats still a big deal. Track and field and the gymnastics tends to get the most coverage over here.

:w00t:

That's good stuff.

Booooooo ... Bayern! Another team easy to support ... :P .

As Buffalo fans I think we all need to cheer for Spurs. Often mediocre? Check. Depressed fan base? Check. When they are good they manage to lose in the most heart breaking fashion imaginable? Check.

:w00t:

That's good stuff.

Booooooo ... Bayern! Another team easy to support ... :P .

I actually support the entire Bundesliga, and my favourite player transferred to Bayern from Schalke, so what you gonna do.......I actually prefer the way that Dortmund play and they have perhaps the most dynamic young duo in football today, Gotzë and Reus.......They are one of the fastest teams to watch and this year will be there Champions league breakout year.

• 4 weeks later...

With the EPL starting up this coming weekend, my friends and I do a yearly fantasy league if anyone wants to join and play. All for fun.

Link- http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Code to join my league- 509033-132102

I don't know nearly enough about the EPL to join this, but it sounds fun.

USA - Mexico tonight! What do you think the US chances are?