Lindy's "system" ......

SarasotaSabre

Korab....I gave 2 names....

How do you prove me wrong? Because you say so?

Leafs got offered a 1st and 3rd for MacArthur.

Pyatt has averaged over 15 goals since leaving the Sabres and last time I looked, was on a bankrupt team the better part of his departed time. He also would be in the top 3 in hits on the Sabres the past 5 years and has yet to end up a minus player. Call him a journeyman 3rd liner if you want.....the Sabres have about 8 of those guys. Unfortunately many are making $4 million plus.

The problem with having the same coach in place for 15 years is that there is no other option to compare to. Dumont, MacArthur and Pyatt all got out of here when they were young and then thrived. The guys that foundered were career Sabres who had to leave Daddy Lindy's nest for the first time after a decade in the organisation and were sh!t for self-confidence. Sure, some did it on their own, but I would have loved to see what some of those guys could do if they were in a different place early in their careers. It even took Campbell a few years to regroup.

After watching the Luke Adam/ David Copperfield act, and Weber and Gragnani regress, along with whatever you want to call Myers doing.......can you not see some of the same trends taking hold?

It doesn't matter. Lindy is Coach for Life. Darcy is your no-fear GM. The team was "at a crossroads" in December yet not one single move was made. If you are happy with these guys, congratulations. At least someone is.

Korab....I gave 2 names....

How do you prove me wrong? Because you say so?

Pyatt has averaged over 15 goals since leaving the Sabres and last time I looked, was on a bankrupt team the better part of his departed time. He also would be in the top 3 in hits on the Sabres the past 5 years and has yet to end up a minus player. Call him a journeyman 3rd liner if you want.....the Sabres have about 8 of those guys. Unfortunately many are making $4 million plus.

The problem with having the same coach in place for 15 years is that there is no other option to compare to. Dumont, MacArthur and Pyatt all got out of here when they were young and then thrived. The guys that foundered were career Sabres who had to leave Daddy Lindy's nest for the first time after a decade in the organisation and were sh!t for self-confidence. Sure, some did it on their own, but I would have loved to see what some of those guys could do if they were in a different place early in their careers. It even took Campbell a few years to regroup.

After watching the Luke Adam/ David Copperfield act, and Weber and Gragnani regress, along with whatever you want to call Myers doing.......can you not see some of the same trends taking hold?

It doesn't matter. Lindy is Coach for Life. Darcy is your no-fear GM. The team was "at a crossroads" in December yet not one single move was made. If you are happy with these guys, congratulations. At least someone is.

You may be interested in arguing the same points over and over again, but I'm not.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/18670-rivet-was-placed-on-waivers-today/page__st__240__p__257759__hl__+pyatt,%20+korab__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=257759

Hit the link, read the posts, imagine that we are still arguing with you.

You may be interested in arguing the same points over and over again, but I'm not.

http://forums.sabres...__1#entry257759

Hit the link, read the posts, imagine that we are still arguing with you.

Who is arguing.

Again, the same points get argued because the same stucture has been in place for 15 years.

Lindy Ruff gets the most he can out of subpar players. This $80 million in salary should really be in 15th place, not 14th. We also should have won zero playoff games instead of winning 5 playoff games the past 5 years total.

If you feel MacArthur and Pyatt did not improve after leaving Buffalo, that is your right.

Who originally said that anyway? Was it a Brian Burke quote? Maybe just maybe it might be in his best interest to inflate the worth of his player a bit. I don't intend on questioning whether or not MacArthur improved, its just that rumored trade offer. The consensus around the media now seems to be that MacArthur is a guy they'd have a very tough time moving at his current contract.

So if by some chance that offer was made last year and turned down, why does one momentary trade value become the gold standard for that player? Shouldn't they be judged by the career as a whole (in this case, post-Sabre career)?

Who originally said that anyway? Was it a Brian Burke quote? Maybe just maybe it might be in his best interest to inflate the worth of his player a bit. I don't intend on questioning whether or not MacArthur improved, its just that rumored trade offer. The consensus around the media now seems to be that MacArthur is a guy they'd have a very tough time moving at his current contract.

So if by some chance that offer was made last year and turned down, why does one momentary trade value become the gold standard for that player? Shouldn't they be judged by the career as a whole (in this case, post-Sabre career)?

It was from last year, yes.

And yes, trade values are a moving scale.

So are on-ice results of coaches. It seems some like to hold this coach to the gold standard of his two peaks of performance versus his otherwise consistant valley of nothingness.

It was from last year, yes.

And yes, trade values are a moving scale.

So are on-ice results of coaches. It seems some like to hold this coach to the gold standard of his two peaks of performance versus his otherwise consistant valley of nothingness.

Very true. It sounds a lot like Taylor Pyatt too, which is why I'm still surprised every time you beat that drum.

Archived