To what lengths have you gone?

johnyvegas

Given the extremes I've gone to of late to see the Sabres play (including hours of investigating then ultimately switching to FIOS and watching awful games on a worse internet feed), I'm wondering what lengths have you gone to in order to catch a Sabres game.

For example, in college (Oswego '91) we found a hill where we could park our car and barely hear a terribly staticy broadcast. But we'd head there every game after striking out at the local sports bar. The bartender would give us the remote and we would scan through hundreds of old school satellite channels.. waiting for the dish to slooowly move and the signal to start to come in, only to reveal yet another Rangers feed. That's when we'd grab a twelve pack and head to the hill.

How bout you?

In game seven of the 2006 ECF, of all days and times, my little brother had a mandatory chorus concert scheduled for the game starting time. I was too young to stay home alone, and my parents insisted I hear my brother sing (he never opened his mouth the whole concert). I smuggled a cheap little cd player in my pocket and had long enough hair to hide the earphones, and received a barely audible play call. All of the grumbling parents around me asked for score updates constantly, it was pretty cool how no one in the auditorium cared about the concert, only the sabres game.

Up until this TW - MSG fiasco, I never really had a problem, now the only problem is having to watch it on the internet, which means not being able to watch it on the big screen, to watching it on monitor, not always in HD and sometimes having to listen to another call other than the Sabres broadcast team. I'll be going out to get the cables to run the computer to the TV, or go wireless if the TW - MSG dispute continues. Yesterday my brother whose PC is in the shop was telling me he could see the game on his neighbors 72" big screen (not good enough to bother watching), but the kids heads kept getting in the way. I told him to call over there and tell them down in front. :flirt:

I've found a free feed online, but product still sucks no matter how you see it. I have enjoyed watching other games on TWC. Yesterday Det/Chi. Currently watching Habs/Rangers with two coaches from our organization. Former coaches and players all over this league who are having better results than our hometown boys. Continue to sell my season tiks so I don't have to watch garbage hockey live and am able to cut my losses. And Ted tells us the fans are willing to be patient. What koolaide did they serve him and who is he listening to?

I had to join my family for a matinee movie as a kid. I had a two inch by two inch transistor radio in my pocket and an earphone running up my sweater sleeve, out the collar, and into my ear. I was dead if caught. I sat through Fiddler on the Roof, I believe, and listened to Gil, et al.

I was a big fan of you guys back in the day. I saw you open for Weezer and after that we started going to all your local shows. Believe it or not, I still have the "Dog" album. Every once in a while I'll throw on Singing to the Cows and it takes me back to my high school days. I still remember the words to most of those songs by heart. My little sister wrote you guys a letter once and you guys sent her a signed photo of the band that hung on her wall for years. You still doing music?

I was a big fan of you guys back in the day. I saw you open for Weezer and after that we started going to all your local shows. Believe it or not, I still have the "Dog" album. Every once in a while I'll throw on Singing to the Cows and it takes me back to my high school days. I still remember the words to most of those songs by heart. My little sister wrote you guys a letter once and you guys sent her a signed photo of the band that hung on her wall for years. You still doing music?

I will not read anythng u have 2 say until u change ur avatar.

This an automated response.

Archived