Enough defending these guys...

Sabre fan

Seems to me that every time that anyone complains or states how lousey this team can and is playing, we get those replies that we are "over-reacting" and "should be patient as the team gels (whatever that means)", and of course injuries are often used as an excuse. The truth is, it pretty much as been the same case every year for many years-counting, and it is not improving. The core of this team has remained the same, thus the team remains the same in the end. While I always use to defend Darcy and Lindy, the truth is Darcy is very good at drafting, thus I would move him to head of scouting. Lindy, I would move up to assistant GM, then bring someone, anyone in who can and would provide a new, fresh outlook and set of ideas to the team. A trade immediately of at least one of the so-called "core" players is essential, and a coach known for motivating players would be a good start.

While we all long for success and a winning team, the truth is the team will remain the same, and will not succeed with the same core players that have not been able to lead this team anywhere of any significance for many years now. We continue to change the "spare parts", or 3rd and 4th liners, but the "top" players remain, and so does the stigma attached to these players. Hell, Kassien and McNabb and Adam and Tropp and the other young guys are the only players I get excited about these days. I do give Vanek credit, as he tries to somehow lead the team each and every game. If Lindy would leave him alone, he would be even better a player. On any other team, he truly would be a "monster", and a guaranteed 50-goal scorer no doubt.

In the end, this team is, and will continue to be the same old team, with the same old results, until it is taken apart, and re-assembled from the top down, not from the bottom-up as has been the case for far too long. In the meantime, I do love the young players that are in the future. They seem to have a nice combination of skill and grit, with many I read about actually being "tough", something sadly lacking around here for far too many years. The future is bright, so at least we have that to look forward to. Any thoughts as to a new GM and/or coach? That's the tough part, is you have to have suitable replacements, and that, in itself, may keep Lindy and Darcy here for a long time.

Seems to me that every time that anyone complains or states how lousey this team can and is playing, we get those replies that we are "over-reacting" and "should be patient as the team gels (whatever that means)", and of course injuries are often used as an excuse. The truth is, it pretty much as been the same case every year for many years-counting, and it is not improving. The core of this team has remained the same, thus the team remains the same in the end. While I always use to defend Darcy and Lindy, the truth is Darcy is very good at drafting, thus I would move him to head of scouting. Lindy, I would move up to assistant GM, then bring someone, anyone in who can and would provide a new, fresh outlook and set of ideas to the team. A trade immediately of at least one of the so-called "core" players is essential, and a coach known for motivating players would be a good start.

While we all long for success and a winning team, the truth is the team will remain the same, and will not succeed with the same core players that have not been able to lead this team anywhere of any significance for many years now. We continue to change the "spare parts", or 3rd and 4th liners, but the "top" players remain, and so does the stigma attached to these players. Hell, Kassien and McNabb and Adam and Tropp and the other young guys are the only players I get excited about these days. I do give Vanek credit, as he tries to somehow lead the team each and every game. If Lindy would leave him alone, he would be even better a player. On any other team, he truly would be a "monster", and a guaranteed 50-goal scorer no doubt.

In the end, this team is, and will continue to be the same old team, with the same old results, until it is taken apart, and re-assembled from the top down, not from the bottom-up as has been the case for far too long. In the meantime, I do love the young players that are in the future. They seem to have a nice combination of skill and grit, with many I read about actually being "tough", something sadly lacking around here for far too many years. The future is bright, so at least we have that to look forward to. Any thoughts as to a new GM and/or coach? That's the tough part, is you have to have suitable replacements, and that, in itself, may keep Lindy and Darcy here for a long time.

I moved this post for a reason. Stop re-posting it.

Archived