Habs fire Martin

ubkev

We should be following this example. But we wont cause we know Lindy aint going anywhere. So that leaves only one option. Shake this team up now! Goodbye Derek, etc. You have to do one or the other. It's the coach or the players.

Buh bye Derek. that will be the silver lining in this. Having already let Timmy go derek is the other half of that equation. Get out.

We should be following this example. But we wont cause we know Lindy aint going anywhere. So that leaves only one option. Shake this team up now! Goodbye Derek, etc. You have to do one or the other. It's the coach or the players.

Buh bye Derek. that will be the silver lining in this. Having already let Timmy go derek is the other half of that equation. Get out.

Lindy ain't going anywhere and neither are the Habs.

I'd rather start with Stafford, but if it's Roy, fine. Keep in mind that the team needs centers, though.

Lindy ain't going anywhere and neither are the Habs.

I'd rather start with Stafford, but if it's Roy, fine. Keep in mind that the team needs centers, though.

Understood. But gutting cancer is the only way to start healing. So much to choose from though isn't there? Staff, Roy, Mags, Ennis, Boyes, Lindy, Darcy on and on.

I agree MTL ain't going anywhere either but to fire Jaques and replace him with an anglophone? Makes me think they care. Now Pegs is going to call out Miller evidently so maybe he is the shakeup thats coming.

Understood. But gutting cancer is the only way to start healing. So much to choose from though isn't there? Staff, Roy, Mags, Ennis, Boyes, Lindy, Darcy on and on.

I agree MTL ain't going anywhere either but to fire Jaques and replace him with an anglophone? Makes me think they care. Now Pegs is going to call out Miller evidently so maybe he is the shakeup thats coming.

He'd bring a hell of a return from a team willing to take his salary.

He'd bring a hell of a return from a team willing to take his salary.

Hope so.

I should have said Jacques and I should have said Miller may be in the shake up that I ###### hope is coming!

Three way trade needed. Miller to LA, Quick to somewhere else and some guy named Ryan coming here.

Now Pegs is going to call out Miller evidently so maybe he is the shakeup thats coming.

Hope not. That would be completely misdirected and would only make things worse. We know Miller and Enroth are good goalies. The team is collectively f*cked up. Unless it's Miller being a doosh in the locker room, moving him shouldn't be the first move, it has to be a management/coaching shake-up.

I saw it mentioned elsewhere here, I forget where, but the action that makes the most sense, and I mean real action, not some superficial, fan-placating temporary fix, is to fire Darcy, and hire a new GM right away. That new GM then either takes the heat for TPegs and fires Lindy, or he (or she) fires the entire coaching staff for Lindy. They also make a trade or two, dumping a few of the players who need to go for a bag of pucks (if necessary), if only to be justified by making room for McNabb and Kassian, and maybe Tropp.

Hope not. That would be completely misdirected and would only make things worse. We know Miller and Enroth are good goalies. The team is collectively f*cked up. Unless it's Miller being a doosh in the locker room, moving him shouldn't be the first move, it has to be a management/coaching shake-up.

I may or may not agree. The team is so screwed up at this point I'm not really sure what needs to be done first to get us going in the right direction. I say fire the coach. The owner seemingly isn't going to do that and that means turning the roster over. While I don't think it should start or stop with Miller, it would be an indication to everyone in the room to wake the ###### up.

You missed an obvious solution in a Habs thread. The Canadiens are under fire for appointing a non-Frech-speaking coach, and are always under pressure to bring in French players. Guess who speaks French, Derek "It's pronounced Wah back home" Roy. Maybe a swap of centers - Roy for Plekanec? They don't really want a Czech on their team, do they? (Note: I'd say Gionta, but we have way too many wingers, as it is.)

I saw it mentioned elsewhere here, I forget where, but the action that makes the most sense, and I mean real action, not some superficial, fan-placating temporary fix, is to fire Darcy, and hire a new GM right away. That new GM then either takes the heat for TPegs and fires Lindy, or he (or she) fires the entire coaching staff for Lindy. They also make a trade or two, dumping a few of the players who need to go for a bag of pucks (if necessary), if only to be justified by making room for McNabb and Kassian, and maybe Tropp.

My idea! Yup! That way, TPegs doesn't have to take hte hit for firing his buddy Lindy...

I'm guessing you guys are having a real hard time comprehending the message 'nothing will happen immediately' and the topic title 'HABS fire Martin'. This topic is to do with them and their coaching change. Sorry but this entire thread is being discussed in so many places now, how can you guys NOT be bored of this conversation? [/rant].

How are the Habs doing under RC? They played a game under him yet? This, to be fair, has been on the cards for quite some time now, my only surprise is that they didn't bring in outside help rather than promoting from within.

Archived