Darcy d Linday for Brian and Ron

millbank

Seems I read often enough how many have had it wit Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff. Just supposing Leafs wanted to go a more Canadian direction with both Burke and Wilson being American, just suppose they were willing to exchange coach and general managers, Burke and Wilson and a bag of Doughnuts to Buffalo for Darcy and Lindy and a bag of chicken wings...

Seems I read often enough how many have had it wit Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff. Just supposing Leafs wanted to go a more Canadian direction with both Burke and Wilson being American, just suppose the were will to exchange coach and general managers, Burke and Wilson and a bag of Doughnuts to Buffalo for Darcy and Lindy and a bag of chicken wings...

could we throw in harry neale as well?

I was holding this back for a opportune deal closing moment, hold on now this will be earth shaking but I am will to throw in Don Cherry, for a pass to the Albright-Knox , and previously mentioned assets.... oh yes and Johnny Bower will come every Christmas and sing honky the christmas goose....

i've always been partial to john and mary's or bocci's ... will either of those do?

I was holding this back for a opportune deal closing moment, hold on now this will be earth shaking but I am will to throw in Don Cherry, for a pass to the Albright-Knox , and previously mentioned assets.... oh yes and Johnny Bower will come every Christmas and sing honky the christmas goose....

Sorry, but we're not trading Robitaille for Cherry. I would trade Kevin Sylvester for Ron MacLean, but not Roby for Cherry. I can't stand Cherry, but that's my personal opinion. I like Ron MacLean, however.

No worries , we would not be interested in Robitaille, but would appreciate a lovely lady and we don't mean Momma Pecoraro :o . I guess we could replace Don with Howie Meeker or we could talk with JERRY Halworth to change sports. Boy these negotiations are getting complex. Was hoping for a straight up two for two swap, little at most a little sweetening .... Tough , i am told old for this , think i will go to bed now..... :bag:

Sorry, but we're not trading Robitaille for Cherry. I would trade Kevin Sylvester for Ron MacLean, but not Roby for Cherry. I can't stand Cherry, but that's my personal opinion. I like Ron MacLean, however.

All jokes aside, the arrogance of both Burke and Wilson would not play well here. Toronto has the perfect pair with those two guys and I guess are going to win the cup again this year also.

Agree somewhat with Wilson, Burke on the other hand a rather glib individual , who's straight forwardness very well would play well in Buffalo. What I wonder often regarding Wilson he being American if he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder and is perhaps over sensitive and defensive regarding Canadian - American knowledge and compassion for game that in Buffalo or American City he might be a more media , fan friendly sort. In the end i suppose no matter who occupy these positions if team a winner all is forgiven, if team not , they on a short leash, and much shorter still if they have adversarial personalities. Its my opinion these two would play very well in Buffalo particularly in not taking any crap from supposed large market opponents. Desired to keep post somewhat lighthearted but think the two would be great in Buffalo. imo :)

All jokes aside, the arrogance of both Burke and Wilson would not play well here. Toronto has the perfect pair with those two guys and I guess are going to win the cup again this year also.

Burkes a prick. When in Vancouver it was routine for him to call local media in a blind rage and demand that reporters be fired. Dave Pratt being one of them. These two had an ongoing feud that once saw Burkes wife call radio 1040 to stick up for her husband. It was hilarious.

i do understand what you are saying. But I do remember for instance Bill Polian telling a individual to get out of town, he a rather pugnacious sort to say the least, hardly took any crap from anyone. And frankly have read time and time again folks railing on Sullivan and Bucky to name to local media sorts doing their respective jobs speaking with Sabres players management ect, As most defend Regier over Bucky and Sullivan and chortle at conversations with sorts like Schope and the Bull Dog, I can't see folks defending Bucky and Sullivan over Burke either, in fact imagine folks would find Burke handling these guys great theater and fun as well . If Burke were here he very well may be a prick , but he would be your prick and my guess is many would like very much where and how this one would stick himself.... :o

:bag: :lol:

Burkes a prick. When in Vancouver it was routine for him to call local media in a blind rage and demand that reporters be fired. Dave Pratt being one of them. These two had an ongoing feud that once saw Burkes wife call radio 1040 to stick up for her husband. It was hilarious.

Agree somewhat with Wilson, Burke on the other hand a rather glib individual , who's straight forwardness very well would play well in Buffalo. What I wonder often regarding Wilson he being American if he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder and is perhaps over sensitive and defensive regarding Canadian - American knowledge and compassion for game that in Buffalo or American City he might be a more media , fan friendly sort. In the end i suppose no matter who occupy these positions if team a winner all is forgiven, if team not , they on a short leash, and much shorter still if they have adversarial personalities. Its my opinion these two would play very well in Buffalo particularly in not taking any crap from supposed large market opponents. Desired to keep post somewhat lighthearted but think the two would be great in Buffalo. imo :)

I respect your opinion and no worries about keeping it lighthearted. I was born in London and grew up on the bile that TML has put upon it's fans. I really don't want to see that here and would say Larry Quinn (yes Larry Quinn) would be a perfect guy to work for an organization like TML. Hell they even have Timmayyy to get him started!

Your point about Wilson is interesting except that he would still be trying to play the Toronto media even if he were here. You know, just to show how much smarter he is etc...

No doubt Mr. Quinn would fit in very nicely with the MLG corporate types. On that note the teachers fund who owns 80% of MLG has taken team off the market. It was said Bell and Rogers were going to team together to purchase team for around asking price of $1.8 billion , but the two could not come to agreement on how to split the ownership and were in the negotiation process arguing to the extent the teachers fund pulled team off of market deciding to keep team with its rather lucrative profits.

(this $1.8 billion for Leafs,Raptors,Air Canada Center, Surrounding property, and various other assets, not just leafs)

Its true Wilson does seem like a hard guy to like, no matter where he was to coach , get the impression he would be much the same in terms of being a impatient condescending sort. This does him no favors and slack. Its interesting he is well regarded though and the two men did come within a eyelash of winning a Hockey Gold Medal, had they done so , both would be of untouchable American Icon status. Sorry everyone don't want to seem to be pushing something from a outsiders viewpoint, wish to be respectful.

I respect your opinion and no worries about keeping it lighthearted. I was born in London and grew up on the bile that TML has put upon it's fans. I really don't want to see that here and would say Larry Quinn (yes Larry Quinn) would be a perfect guy to work for an organization like TML. Hell they even have Timmayyy to get him started!

Your point about Wilson is interesting except that he would still be trying to play the Toronto media even if he were here. You know, just to show how much smarter he is etc...

This sounds like one of those Cody McCormick for Stamkos deals that would be thrown around on here last year. You should follow this one up with some sort of adolescent rant and then the claim that you should be the gm.

oh sure sure.... a nana nana to you to eh... i could so be a general manager and a real good one i could... ;)

This sounds like one of those Cody McCormick for Stamkos deals that would be thrown around on here last year. You should follow this one up with some sort of adolescent rant and then the claim that you should be the gm.

oh sure sure.... a nana nana to you to eh... i could so be a general manager and a real good one i could... ;)

I'd love to see a coach trade like you suggested. That would be really fun to see play out. Who is trading the GMs though? Does Darcy call up Burke and offer to flip roles with him?

yes certainly more complicated, imagine a board member of Teachers fund would be in on talk representing the Leafs and Buffalo's new owners would represent Buffalo.

In all seriousness, one does wonder on what sort of leash so to speak current coach and general manager are on (contracts can be bought out or simply paid). Given the new owners more assertive winning desire, he would be more ratcheting up pressure on all involved ,team has in many ways done well , but not really moved forward as one would like. Would have to imagine he has likely pryer to purchasing team looked at all the various options, example: is the current roster with Parent team and those in minors with some fortunate tweeks and perhaps trades, skilled enough and constructed in a fashion where more than mid ground success possible, those doing this building and coach have been on hand a good long while now,is it good enough?, or soon enough another process must begin and are current men good enough to tweek or rebuild a actual winner. I suspect this year to some degree represent a trial run whereby Regier and Darcy are being given more resources, and from here shortly a decision will be made in doing a actual search to replace them or continue with the said plan. I am suspecting while in many ways both men have been excellent, there are a number of repeating dysfunctional aspects to their methods in terms of building and coaching winner new management will be a reality sooner than later. Big world out there regarding hockey people , from the old boys network to interesting innovative by untried young, plus the many European team builders and coaches. It being all well and wonderful to suggest current guys not good enough, (they have done well, just not good enough in many ways)it is a challenge to actually come up with valid people who would and could actually fill these positions. Because both men are American, have had success, Burke and Wilson would be interesting options. I mention the nationality only because I do think there to be a very real Canadian - American sensitivity in Buffalo where many feel slighted by the feeling that Canadians see themselves a more hockey loving culture and people than the native western new yorker , who have played the game and followed it with the equal zeal to any Canadian. (that there be a Canadian arrogance or no another issue,this not so black and white :)

Bottom line I could see Buffalo Sabres followers loving every minute of particularly to American's (make it three and counting given owner)not only continuing to kick Leafs behinds, but winning it all led by our Own, in my example , Burke and Wilson.

(shoot me its a rainy day and the three stooges are over and the price is right a guy just won $25,000 and i am jealous as anything.)

:bag: am i ever a windbag :o

I'd love to see a coach trade like you suggested. That would be really fun to see play out. Who is trading the GMs though? Does Darcy call up Burke and offer to flip roles with him?

Archived