• Win Bass
    • Draw
  2. 2. Bass at McCormick

• Win McCormick
    • Win Bass
    • Draw

Bass at Kaleta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6F4GWEdzf8

Whatinthehell was Bass doing at the start of this thing? Ugly move to try and rip a guys helmet off while Nash has him bearhugged. Shoulda been an extra two minutes. Anywho... Kaleta gets the upperhand in a wrestling match and then gets 3 good shots in. Bass never gets set but manages to get one real good solid shot square in Kaleta's face. Kaleta shows some strength with the body slam to end things. Win Kaleta. Would have liked to see this one open up more.

Bass at McCormick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1HHO3KXYZw

I love the way Cody wades into a fight. Cool as a cucumber. Gets himself set, a little juke and fake, and there they go. I counted 6 solid shots that connected by Cody including one really nice uppercut. Bass got one good, flush shot in, and maybe a couple grazing shots. And the takedown goes to Cody too. Good win by McC.

Anyone know what happened to the instigator rule? I'm not complaining nay but if anyone deserved an instigator penalty, Bass sure looked like he was asking for one at the beginning of the Kaleta fight.

Tonight just isn't Bass' night, is it?

It seems to me that players are targeting Kaleta and his visor.

It seems to me that players are targeting Kaleta and his visor.

I made a similar observation in the GDT ... I would be extremely interested to know what was being said between Bass and Kaleta on the ice tonight. There was a scrum right before the Kaleta v. Bass one you linked here in which Bass attacked Kaleta and appeared to be pointing at the visor / helmet region. The fact that a Colombus player is seen in this video yanking at his mask leads me to believe that this is what they are all riled up about; Kaleta and his visor.

With that said, is Kaletta even an agitator anymore? He seems to me that he has cleaned up his game quite a bit. He's no finesse player of course, but I see no issue with him wearing a visor and still making solid hits... as long as he's not instigating fights anymore. If people want to start crap WITH him and he is wearing a visor ... that's their problem.

I still have no idea how Kaltea got the double minor on that fight. Seriously NHL? Sounds like the instigator "rules" got thrown out the window and now all that exists is the "Winner" rule in which whoever wins a fight gets more penalty time.

I made a similar observation in the GDT ... I would be extremely interested to know what was being said between Bass and Kaleta on the ice tonight. There was a scrum right before the Kaleta v. Bass one you linked here in which Bass attacked Kaleta and appeared to be pointing at the visor / helmet region. The fact that a Colombus player is seen in this video yanking at his mask leads me to believe that this is what they are all riled up about; Kaleta and his visor.

With that said, is Kaletta even an agitator anymore? He seems to me that he has cleaned up his game quite a bit. He's no finesse player of course, but I see no issue with him wearing a visor and still making solid hits... as long as he's not instigating fights anymore. If people want to start crap WITH him and he is wearing a visor ... that's their problem.

I still have no idea how Kaltea got the double minor on that fight. Seriously NHL? Sounds like the instigator "rules" got thrown out the window and now all that exists is the "Winner" rule in which whoever wins a fight gets more penalty time.

Well he did crosscheck Nash, which is what caused the whole thing to begin with. I believe that was what the extra 2 was a result of... Bass was just trying to pry him off of Nash (the actual fight, not the first incident between these two)and got a hold of his face/head area. I don't think it was visor related, just Bass trying to rip Kaleta off of Nash.

Regarding Cody-Bass: How many times do you see an enforcer throwing solid left and right punches during a fight. The seamless way we switched between sides was absolutely beautiful.

I started noticing that last season. The Mic seems pretty confident switching between lefts and rights. Makes him a little more dangerous to drop with.

I must say, this is a pretty cool new feature/regular thread/whatchamacallit you've started, weave.

And basskicked. Twice.

Thanks for the compliment. I'll try to keep it up as long as there seems to be interest.

It may also be related to PK's history of neck injuries...maybe opponents see him as being vulnerable in that area. It seems like every time he gets into a scrum someone is trying to get him into a headlock and wrench on his neck.

Archived