ESPN "Expert" Picks

EdwardSauve

I think they have the potential to be very, very good this season. It is a combination of shrewd off season moves (free agent and contracting), an extended road trip to begin the season (for team chemistry), a balance of attacking and defending D, a solid goalie pair, one good line and two more decent lines, an owner committed to doing everything to change the culture (fans, players, building, sports writers and league), and a memory of what could have been...

Good post. I also believe that this has the potential to be a special season. I will be more optimistic if we play this well against teams who are more aggresive with the forecheck. Although I would like to see a little more size, I still think we have 4 solid lines, 2 great D pairings, and 1 very good D pairing. Miller came out of the gates in Vezina form, lets hope he sustains it.

as far as Levy and Cohn I consider them to be no more knowledgeable about hockey than your average fan.

ESPN barely even recognizes hockey as a sport, so I dont listen to anything they have to say.

Their analysts are the types to say names like "Derek Wah" and "Marc-Andre Greg-Nanny."

Been driving through horseheads my whole life (with parents as a kid too), on the way to the rednecky relatives. It still gives me a chuckle.

Still a memorable place for me as my 1-yr old, new car, broke a timing belt there. At that time, I was blissfully unaware of what a timing belt even was. I ended up renting a "Rent a wreck" which was truly a wreck to drive to Buffalo. Took them 3 days to get the part to fix it.

Always hated those signals on 17 through there...

Archived