Will the Sabres sign Brad Richards?

nfreeman

Now do you believe?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Well, it worked yesterday with Ehrhoff, so here we go again! Will the Sabres sign Brad Richards, the runaway star of this year's UFA class?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If the Sabres do sign him, when will it happen?

• Today (July 1)
    • Tomorrow (July 2)
    • After July 2
    • Will not sign him
  3. 3. Richards just turned 31. He has played 10 full NHL seasons. He's won the Cup, the Conn Smythe, the Lady Byng and has 62 pts in 63 playoff games. If you were DR/TP/TB, what is the maximum you would pay for him?

• $6MM x 5 years
    • $7MM x 6 years
    • $7MM x 7 years
    • $8MM x 7 years
    • More than $8MM x 7 years

Well apparently the sabres focus changed from Richards to Leino so no I don't believe he comes to Buffalo and frankly I couldn't be happier. We can get there from here and we have time to make moves and move salary out or make trades to bring in a true #1 centre if the team feels we need that and at a substantially reduced price. The drawback of course is you have to move assets. I think Regier has proven himself capable in the last week that he can still make things happen when given the green light.

Yes he does sign with us. And he signs today at 6:02 edst via fax.

I don't care how much he signs for. He fills so many holes on the team and it's not my money.

This damn fax machine issue again! I thought we had it fixed. Call Newman from Account Temps.

sounds like we didnt even make a play very discouraging unless of course we have a trade worked out for Stasny.

I think they realized it would take a while and be a long bidding process. They had to have a feeling that he wouldn't sign here so their Plan B was Leino.

Archived