Bucky Gleason is right

PromoTheRobot

I guess as good as the Sabres have been, there are 4-5 other, sexier, teams as good. But Bucky Gleason is correct when he says the rest of the hockey world does not see Buffalo as a legitamate cup contender...which is fine with me. To the rest of the league, Buffalo is just a curious sidebar. An over-acheiving team that will eventually cool off. That's just the perfect set up for the playoffs, in my opinion.

PTR

I think the Sabres are closing the gap on Ottawa & Detroit, but you still have to view these two teams as the odds on favorites. Let's see how the Sabres fare in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs.

A Buffalo-Detroit series would be awesome. Been thinking that for the last week and just had to say it...

;)

I think the Sabres are getting plenty of respect. Maybe a little too much for this stage...

It's amazing how an 8 game winning streak will finally get you some national press. Doesn't it seem like suddenly every major sports website has had a major feature on the Sabes in the last few days? Be it in their Power Rankings, or anywhere else, the Sabres are suddenly all over the place.

I'm torn between the two sides however. While it's nice to have some national attention, I have to admit, I think I like the idea of the Sabres being underdogs better. I hope the Rangers go on a run and win the Atlantic. Let NY and Carolina, Montreal and Ottawa get all the hype, it'll just make our Cup run that much sweeter. I think that for such a young team, it'd almost be a blessing to not have a ton of expectations laid on them by the media.

Then again, nothing seems to phase this group anyways...and another Northeast Division Banner would look pretty sweet hanging in the rafters, wouldn't it?

A northeast division banner whould b nice, but we already have one of those, I personally want the one that is wanted league rounds, and heck lets not kid ourselfs, this teams as a good a shot as any to acheive that banner THIS year!! Big game saturday, First place on the line..who else is stoked?!?! Let's go Buffalo!!![/color]

It's also quite possible that we could see a Buffalo-Dallas series. Wouldn't that be interesting?

I was thinking that there might be quite a few that would be able to go to all of the games in a Detroit-Buff Series.

I spend a fair amount of time in the Dallas area. I always get ribbed about the Bills, but not once about the Sabres. I get the feeling most people there hardly even know about the Stars...

I was thinking that there might be quite a few that would be able to go to all of the games in a Detroit-Buff Series.

I spend a fair amount of time in the Dallas area. I always get ribbed about the Bills, but not once about the Sabres. I get the feeling most people there hardly even know about the Stars...

I attend most Sabres games in Big D, including the cup finals (ugh).... There are ALWAYS a ton of Sabres jerseys at those games. Only problem is they're scattered all over instead of taking up a few sections.

It's also quite possible that we could see a Buffalo-Dallas series. Wouldn't that be interesting?

I have thought about that too...it would be so amazing...because this time, I know we would beat Dallas

As for the other topic here, I think the NHL and the national hockey media are unhappy when a so-called "small market" team is on top, while large markets like Boston, Chicago, Toronto are bottom-feeders of the league. But maybe that's the old "conspiracy against Buffalo" mindset talking. For whatever reason, it seems to me that national media has been in denial all season over how good this team actually is, waiting for it to crumble and plummet down the standings--but the collapse never happened.

Detroit is the best team I've seen. Their penalty kill is DOMINANT.

It'll be interesting to see if Legace/Osgood can elevate in the playoffs.

Detroit is a very good team, but everyone seems to lose sight of the division they play in, with Columbus, St Louis and Chicago being so terrible most of the year. I think the Sabres' record is much more impressive than Detroit's, given the respective divisions that they play in.

Archived