NHL screws the Sabres again!

deluca67

It's not bad enough the NHL instructs it's officials to call penalties against the Sabres and not their opponents during "crunch time", they have to screw the Sabres with the schedule over the last four games! Like it sorta just happened that Carolina and the Rangers have three of their four remaining games on home ice while the Sabres have two at home and two on the road. The NHL obviously planned the schedule this way to keep the Sabres out of the playoffs! :censored: ;) :censored:

It's not bad enough the NHL instructs it's officials to call penalties against the Sabres and not their opponents during "crunch time", they have to screw the Sabres with the schedule over the last four games! Like it sorta just happened that Carolina and the Rangers have three of their four remaining games on home ice while the Sabres have two at home and two on the road. The NHL obviously planned the schedule this way to keep the Sabres out of the playoffs! :censored: ;) :censored:

But DeLuca I know you're more than aware that had we won even 2 more games earlier in the year we wouldn't be in this position at all, scraping to get in the postseason. Had the sabres made moves after the playoff debacle last season to improve, this discussion doesn't take place and the schedule doesn't matter. I'm more pissed at the 22 back to back games. :death:

But DeLuca I know you're more than aware that had we won even 2 more games earlier in the year we wouldn't be in this position at all, scraping to get in the postseason. Had the sabres made moves after the playoff debacle last season to improve, this discussion doesn't take place and the schedule doesn't matter. I'm more pissed at the 22 back to back games. :death:

Not to mention 4 sets of them in the last 16 days.

I am wondering if you have some sort of inside information to support this claim. Were you listening in on a conference call from the league to the refs? Is there a classified document posted on 'the smoking gun' discussing the leagues desire to keep the Sabres out of the playoffs at the risk losing all credibility? I would tend to think that such a directive (if true) would illegitimize the sport completely. I'm pretty sure all teams and their fans feel at some point they are getting the short end of the officiating stick.

maybe it's just me, but my sarcasm radar is pinging ... is no one else picking up on this?

If that's the case.. i am a dolt! Someone needs to create a sarcasm font for message boards/emails/txt messages.

The sad thing isn't that you are a dolt (you may or may not be. I don't know). The sad thing is that enough people actually believe the sentiments in DeLuca's post for you to think that he was serious.

And what a slap in the face to the entire Sabres organization that the NHL honors a ref in front of the team he gave the biggest screwing to (No Goal).

he was also on the ice for zednek and malarchuk.

my brother and i were txting back and forth about some of the other old-school refs that we remember from the 80s: ron asselstine, don koharski, kerry fraser ... all of them now retired. mccreary was the the last of the ones we used to razz when we'd get to go to the games. someone on twitter mentioned that once mccreary retired, he should go eat a donut. obviously, someone doesn't have their story straight: that was koharski, and if i remember right, it was jim schoenfeld who blasted it from the devils bench.

refs. can't live with 'em ......... pass the beer nuts?

he was also on the ice for zednek and malarchuk.

my brother and i were txting back and forth about some of the other old-school refs that we remember from the 80s: ron asselstine, don koharski, kerry fraser ... all of them now retired. mccreary was the the last of the ones we used to razz when we'd get to go to the games. someone on twitter mentioned that once mccreary retired, he should go eat a donut. obviously, someone doesn't have their story straight: that was koharski, and if i remember right, it was jim schoenfeld who blasted it from the devils bench.

refs. can't live with 'em ......... pass the beer nuts?

I remember one of those BS 'i have a friend' stories that went along the lines of 'My friend thought the ref's name was Hoodisabum'

But the Sabres are a better team on the road then at home - so aren't they helping the Sabres?

Which is why game 1 and 4 are on the road, the first against Carolina, the last road game, against a Western Conference foe, which will be rendered meaningless. Those evil bastards.

Archived