Roy and Kaleta??

BetterDays06

I can't even imagine the amount of conditioning work it would take for Roy to get into game shape. It seems completely out of the question to me.

I agree with this. As someone said yesterday in the Leopold thread, at least he can still skate. Roy has a much longer recovery which is impacted by his inability to skate.

If he did somehow make it back, I see him down on the third line. He'd have to play his way back to the top lines.

I thin when Roy said Mid-May he was taking conditioning into effect. He can't skate, but he can still stay in shape with diet etc.

That still ignores any cardio work, which is by far the most important part (well, short of the actual muscle itself).

I can't even imagine the amount of conditioning work it would take for Roy to get into game shape. It seems completely out of the question to me.

Likely won't stop Lindy from playing him though.

Anyone remember how crap Timmy was last post-season? And that was supposedly due to missing 3 weeks. Ruff kept playing him throughout the series, even if it was clear Timmy either didn't feel like playing, or was hampered by his injury to the point of total ineffectiveness. Take your pick, don't really care which it was.

Either way, he was a liability whenever he was on the ice, and Ruff failed to adjust.

Conclusion : I fear Lindy is pig-headed enough to play an out of shape Roy, because "dammit, he's our leading scorer, he MUST play", or something to that effect.

Likely won't stop Lindy from playing him though.

Anyone remember how crap Timmy was last post-season? And that was supposedly due to missing 3 weeks. Ruff kept playing him throughout the series, even if it was clear Timmy either didn't feel like playing, or was hampered by his injury to the point of total ineffectiveness. Take your pick, don't really care which it was.

Either way, he was a liability whenever he was on the ice, and Ruff failed to adjust.

Conclusion : I fear Lindy is pig-headed enough to play an out of shape Roy, because "dammit, he's our leading scorer, he MUST play", or something to that effect.

3 weeks versus 6 months is a major difference though.

Fixed...B-)

Anyone remember how crap Timmy was in post-season in '07? And that was supposedly due to missing almost a year. Ruff kept playing him throughout the series, even if it was clear Timmy either didn't feel like playing, or was hampered by his injury to the point of total ineffectiveness. Take your pick, don't really care which it was.

If the Sabres are still playing in mid-May and are healthy with the group that got them there, I don't see how you could play Roy. Injuries are a different story where a 75-90% Roy would be better than Luke Adam or something. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm over Kaleta too. I love his heart and intensity buy he can't stay on the ice and I don't think he is an upgrade over anybody else right now.

Archived