So sick of $hittsburgh

Sabretooth73

Pens tied for most pts in NHL, steelers 9-3...6 SB's and 2 recently, and a tons of prime time coverage....Pitt hoops ranked #3.....Pitt football goes to bowls every year, etc. When does it stop!

Don't whine - I live in Pittsburgh, it's hell to be a Buffalo fan around here.

But, let's look deeper:

Steelers - one of the best organizations in pro sports - hands down. Yes, they always get the calls and the NFL is afraid of them but the Rooneys have worked hard to keep their reputation. Ben survived his fiasco this summer, but barely.

Penguins - They were terrible a few years back, I mean really bad - like worst in the the league bad, and got very lucky to pick up three number 1 or 2 draft picks because of the lock out where they add Fleury, Crosby, and Malkin. Ray Shero is a great GM, and the owner is a hockey guy.

Pitt Basketball - Ok, so Pitt basketball always goes sky high in the rankings, runs up a 15-0 or 16-0 record but hans't seen the Final Four since 1941 and the Elite Eight in 2009 - despite being consistently ranked high in preseason polls. They are the consummate over-rated team.

But, the king of over-rated is Pitt Football. Wannsteadt swears every year is going to be their year..... people are wondering aloud whether this is his last year.

And don't forget - the Pirates. If there is an organization in sports that cares less about winning than the Pirates....

I personally prefer the term Pissburgh.

I have lived here for almost 4 years now, and I hate it more and more by the day. I have never seen so many people content to be trash. And go to school and get degrees and turn around and go back to being trash. We should work to get all of the morons in public office kicked out in NYS, and then have NYC annexed to New Jersey (or whoever else wants it), so that I can move back to Buffalo.

Archived