[OT] NHL 11 Online for PS3?

thesportsbuff

Just wondering if any of you guys play NHL 11 online.. the Online Team Play part where you create your own guy and play as him with 4 or 5 other team mates. It's a blast. If any of you want to join my club, you're more than welcome to... we're all from around Buffalo. And of course we just got bounced in the first round of the November playoffs! :thumbsup: It'd be just like playing for the Sabres. :lol:

Anyone if you have the game, even if you only play versus mode, post your PSN.. i'll play ya sometime.

I agree.. I have both and enjoyed NHL 10 last year on the Xbox. Unfortunately all my friends play on the PS3, so I had to get the PS3 copy of NHL11.

Uncle_Rico82.

I don't get the TV too much because of the little guy, but I do like playing.

I agree as well that XBL is better than PSN, but overall, I really enjoy not having to send my PS3 back to the company every 6 months to get a new one, like I did with my Xbox.

For some reason, I found NHL11 to be less enjoyable than NHL10. Players didn't do what I wanted them to do as much as they seemed to before. For example, I could set up a big hit for Kaleta and he would gently nudge the other player. I know that they changed the in-game "physics" to be more realistic, so maybe it was just a matter of getting used to it. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time (or patience) when I got it. Maybe, I'll give it another shot.

For some reason, I found NHL11 to be less enjoyable than NHL10. Players didn't do what I wanted them to do as much as they seemed to before. For example, I could set up a big hit for Kaleta and he would gently nudge the other player. I know that they changed the in-game "physics" to be more realistic, so maybe it was just a matter of getting used to it. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time (or patience) when I got it. Maybe, I'll give it another shot.

There's definitely a learning curve. At first the game seemed real slow compared to 10, and setting up hits was a problem early on. I also had a lot of trouble getting my passes to go where I wanted them to. But I guess like any other game, the more you play the more you get used to it and figure it out. Now I have some 150+ Online Team Play games under my belt and I'm putting Connolly-esque stats =)

is this still the case?

I had a first gen. 360, so anytime it broke, that is what they would replace it with. So it was pretty much inevitable that it would break, it was just a matter of when.

I think the newer models are better with it now, but I really don't know.

I had a first gen. 360, so anytime it broke, that is what they would replace it with. So it was pretty much inevitable that it would break, it was just a matter of when.

I think the newer models are better with it now, but I really don't know.

Same here, replaced my xbox several times before getting a refund and going with Ps3. Never tried xbl so i cant compare.

Archived