11/5: This team VERY unlikely to make playoffs

Meathead

I dunno, mediocre starts are pretty democratic. The Sabres were drawing 12,000 that November. I think the place was half empty the night they retired 18.

They let Ottawa score 10 one game before they caught fire.

But there is almost no comparison between the "bad start" of the 05-06 team and this team. At its worst point the 05-06 team was only 1 game below .500 (7-8-0 and 8-9-0), even after a moderately successful streak the current team is still 3 games under .500.

But there is almost no comparison between the "bad start" of the 05-06 team and this team. At its worst point the 05-06 team was only 1 game below .500 (7-8-0 and 8-9-0), even after a moderately successful streak the current team is still 3 games under .500.

I think that team lost 7 out of 9 at one point that Oct/Nov. after a decent start.

The team the city fell in love with was no guarantee. They started piecing together workman like wins without Briere and Dumont. .... and Rory Fitzpatrick had a lot of ice time.

I think that team lost 7 out of 9 at one point that Oct/Nov. after a decent start.

The team the city fell in love with was no guarantee. They started piecing together workman like wins without Briere and Dumont. .... and Rory Fitzpatrick had a lot of ice time.

And they still only ended up 1 game under .500. This team has a bit of a ways to go yet to get up to where that team was even after its only real swoon.

2005-06 Sabres game results

And they still only ended up 1 game under .500. This team has a bit of a ways to go yet to get up to where that team was even after its only real swoon.

2005-06 Sabres game results

That makes it more clear.....and not to dwell on it too much, but I don't think they had a win against a winning team until mid-November. Or at least that's how I remember. Either way, they weren't filling lighting up the night exactly.

(only 4 sellouts in those 4 months). :unsure:

LOL

The current 2-5-1 record with a backup in net tells alot about the difference in makeup between the '05 team and today's team. This team is a mediocre team with an injured star in net. That team was a very good team with a goaltender soon to be recognized as a star. The '05 team played .629 hockey with their backups and .638 hockey with Miller in net. Not much difference in performance regardless of who was in net.

Lots of similarities between those two teams. :blink:

How can it be 2-5-1? Weren't there at least three wins with ETHRON and Lalime? Or am I delusional? (It is too late for me to look this up.)

How can it be 2-5-1? Weren't there at least three wins with ETHRON and Lalime? Or am I delusional? (It is too late for me to look this up.)

LOL Parental controls still set to cut internet surfing at 10:00 on a school night?

I keed. I keed.

This thread needed a bump back to the front page. That Montreal game left bile in my throat. They ought to change the name of this team to the Buffalo Fourth Liners.

Sabres only play 5 games in the next 16 days. As other teams catch up to them in terms of games played, the delusional Pollyannas will begin to see just how bad a start the Sabres had. Only the Devils and Islanders had a worse start in the East.

And last night's game showed that this team is all but mathematically out now. You really think these mental midgets have the intestinal fortitude to sustain a winning streak necessary to counter the poor start? Meet the 2010-11 Sabres, same as the 2007-10 Sabres. Bunch of mental midgets.

Archived