Well, It Didn't Take Me Long

CallawaySabres

instead of division standings. Now I just want to get that 7th or 8th spot to make sure there is at least one playoff series. I cannot believe how horribly boring this team is...Grier looks like he is 75, Rivet is just...oh my gosh - he's our Captain? Connolly - sheesh! Paging anyone on this team besides Roy and Miller.

How is it possible that they could come out that flat AGAIN! I came home from the game and was actually tempted to watch Bills / Jets highlights.

instead of division standings. Now I just want to get that 7th or 8th spot to make sure there is at least one playoff series. I cannot believe how horribly boring this team is...Grier looks like he is 75, Rivet is just...oh my gosh - he's our Captain? Connolly - sheesh! Paging anyone on this team besides Roy and Miller.

How is it possible that they could come out that flat AGAIN! I came home from the game and was actually tempted to watch Bills / Jets highlights.

I hope Toronto and Tampa can sustain their early season success for the year. Tampa has a lot of talent and if they can just get consistent goaltending they will be a really a tough team to beat. I want to see Toronto make it just to see many of the Burke haters heads explode. I am also a old-school guy. I think the NHL is better when teams like the Leafs, Habs and Bruins are good.

I hope Toronto and Tampa can sustain their early season success for the year. Tampa has a lot of talent and if they can just get consistent goaltending they will be a really a tough team to beat. I want to see Toronto make it just to see many of the Burke haters heads explode. I am also a old-school guy. I think the NHL is better when teams like the Leafs, Habs and Bruins are good.

Tampa fine but no Sabres fan in their right mind should ever cheer for the leafs. What are you cheering for the fins, jets and pats in the nfl as well?

I made a thread a few weeks back saying that Toronto was going to finally make the push this season and it would make for a great rival again. I still think that Toronto will be the most hated team by seasons end and that is good in my book. This division is very evenly matched and every team is going to have to show up every night to make the playoffs...

Tampa fine but no Sabres fan in their right mind should ever cheer for the leafs. What are you cheering for the fins, jets and pats in the nfl as well?

The NFL is better when teams like Miami and the Jets are good. Like the Leafs, the division is just better when they are. I'm a Red Sox fan and baseball is better when the Yankees are good. I love traditional rivalries and no fan should be afraid of quality competition.

I absolutely hate the leafs with a passion but I'll tell you this team excites me right now and I can't say that about my sabres which is heartbreaking. I'm at the point 4 or 5 games in that I'm having a difficult time watching buffalo play. Whats happening sickens me. We talked about Regiers inability to improve this lineup in the offseason and the Regier apologists defended his lack of movement by waving the northeast division banner and saying who needs to improve a lineup capable of this? Tell me this. What good is that title now?

I absolutely hate the leafs with a passion but I'll tell you this team excites me right now and I can't say that about my sabres which is heartbreaking. I'm at the point 4 or 5 games in that I'm having a difficult time watching buffalo play. Whats happening sickens me. We talked about Regiers inability to improve this lineup in the offseason and the Regier apologists defended his lack of movement by waving the northeast division banner and saying who needs to improve a lineup capable of this? Tell me this. What good is that title now?

Pretty much as good as it was once the puck dropped for game 1 of the Sabres/Bruins series - Worthless.

Pretty much as good as it was once the puck dropped for game 1 of the Sabres/Bruins series - Worthless.

These are some troubling numbers, as long as we're looking back to earlier in the year.

Sabres were 30-12-5 after beating Phoenix in Arizona in January.

They're 18-23-5 since then.

They lost four of six to end the regular season, four of six against Boston and are 1-3-1 out of the gate.

Put another way, Miller has won three of his last 11 starts.

I watched the Leafs on Canadian TV long before the Sabres came along, so I guess I can't hate them. However, after watching the Leafs screw up year after year for so many years before seemingly getting it right this year, I can only have hope that the Sabres will figure it out as well.

Now, if only we could get rid of Larry Quinn.

Archived