MSG to air best of

Two or less

Sweet! Can't wait. I've actually last week or so been watching some playoff puck from a year ago on NHL network so i can't wait to see these games again. I hope MSG also picks up some pre-season games too.

Date Time Game

September 8 8-10p #1: Buffalo Sabres at Tampa Bay Lightning (10/24/09)

September 9 10a-12p (Sabres tie game with 16.1 seconds left and win in shootout)

September 10 8-10p #2: Buffalo Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers (11/27/09)

September 11 10a-12p (Connolly has a four-point game to help the Sabres win 4-2)

September 15 8-10p #3: Washington Capitals at Buffalo Sabres (12/9/09)

September 16 10a-12p (Miller records his fourth shutout of the season)

September 17 8-10pm #4: Chicago Blackhawks at Buffalo Sabres (12/11/09)

September 18 10a-12p (Lalime makes 39 saves in just his third start of the season)

September 20 8-10p #5: Pittsburgh Penguins at Buffalo Sabres (12/29/09)

September 21 10a-12p (Sabres overcome three-goal deficit thanks to Stafford’s efforts)

September 22 8-10p #6: Atlanta Thrashers at Buffalo Sabres (1/1/10)

September 23 10a-12p (Roy scores in OT to win after another three-goal comeback)

September 24 8-10p #7: Buffalo Sabres at Phoenix Coyotes (1/18/10)

September 25 10a-12p (Sabres rout Coyotes 7-2; tie Caps with East-leading 66th point)

September 29 8-10p #8: Buffalo Sabres at Ottawa Senators (4/10/10)

September 30 10a-12p (Sabres snap losing streak to Ottawa with Vanek’s four goals)

Link- http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536726

Sweet! Can't wait. I've actually last week or so been watching some playoff puck from a year ago on NHL network so i can't wait to see these games again. I hope MSG also picks up some pre-season games too.

Link- http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536726

I won't be surprised if this is only in the Buffalo market.

Are you sure? It's not listed anywhere in the DirecTV guide - regardless of where you live.

As Chz mentioned, it isn't listed for TWC either.

Last year the games ended up on DTV in Buff/Roch. I don't recall if they were listed prior to the 1st one showing up but they did get shown. Would be very surprised if they don't show up in WNY; would also be very surprised if they show up anywhere else.

These repeats are airing on the alternate MSG channel, 638 maybe, right? Not MSG The Mothership?

I'd think so too. Regular MSG is showing the US Open. I doubt they'd play over that.

So 4 TWC it's prolly channel 700.

Frantic searching at 8:00 and 1 second. lol.

Not too complicated - the Sabres local station is in NYC. :blink:

Not really. But I think the Sabres like to pretend they're on MSG. Which confuses people like me. sabres.com said their classic games from last season would be on MSG. Naturally, I tuned in to MSG last night and got boxing. Would it have been too much for them to explain that the classic games would be on an MSG alternate channel available only to cable viewers in their territory?

Not really. But I think the Sabres like to pretend they're on MSG. Which confuses people like me. sabres.com said their classic games from last season would be on MSG. Naturally, I tuned in to MSG last night and got boxing. Would it have been too much for them to explain that the classic games would be on an MSG alternate channel available only to cable viewers in their territory?

What they need to say is simply that these will be Time Warner exclusive broadcasts.

The problem it seems to me rests between MSG and DirecTV since MSG isn't the same in all nine of its broadcasting zones since it covers to many teams that are under different territorial rules.

I echo an earlier comment that we really miss Empire Sports Network - stuff like this wouldn't happen then.

Archived