Defensemen: Butler, Sekera and Weber

Sabretooth

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which defenseman may not be with the Sabres long term?

• Chris Butler
    • Andrej Sekera
    • Mike Weber

The signing of Morrisonn and resigning of Gragnani, the Sabres are loaded with defensemen.

Gragnani will likely split time between Portland and Buffalo.

Butler and Sekera are definite Sabres defensemen.

Weber will be looking to secure a spot with the Sabres, but has struggled with injuries this season, and has not played with the Sabres since 2008-2009.

If our needs require us moving a defensemen, limited to Butler, Sekera, or Weber, who is likely to go?

I voted Butler. People tend to call it a sophmore slump. Thats just a tag line to me. Players have off seasons. Butler had one, but the way that guy struggled this past season, he looked like a pylon out there just about every game I saw him in. Beat badly in battles in the corner and really bad positioning when opponents would enter the zone. I guess the biggest knock I have him put aside those is the fact that he is a big bodied defenseman but time and time again he failed to clear the front of the net or even get a stick on an opponent while they were infront of the net. That to me atleast, speaks volumes.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Sekera much more, but Sekera can skate, he just isn't as big as Butler.

I really haven't formulated an opinion of Weber at the NHL level considering he's only played 19 games across 2 seasons.

I think you are correct though in that Gragnani would be the D man sliding up if injuries go deep on the blueline this season.

Sekera was definitely better than Butler last year, which I realize isn't saying much.

But this is a new season and you never know.

They both suck..Sekera is a joke and Butler plays like the gay version of Bill Hajt(Can You imagine that LOL)....

Archived