Roy and Connolly

SwampD

I wouldn't. I think Drury's best days are behind him. Look at his performance with the Rangers. Not even average.

In fact I've always preferred Briere to Drury, although I know that's a minority opinion.

Drury has indeed been a disappointment with the Rangers, although I attribute that mostly to a horribly constructed team. I guess I'm just so down on TC and Roy that I would rather live with 2 more years of overpaying Drury than have both of those guys back.

I too am a big fan of Briere.

I'm leaning towards TW's suggestion, but you do make an interesting point. You're both basically saying that he needs a setup man, but that setup can come in two very different ways. Why not a little bit of both? If he can continue to develop, Kennedy showed some signs of being a guy who could come away with the puck in the corners. He's not that big body you're talking about, but maybe if you pair that with the skilled setup guy in the middle, you might have something you can work with.

This was kinda what they had with Roy-Vanek-Kennedy, and that line had a bit of success this year.

Backes, Lombardi, Cullen, Richards are the centers I would be looking to acquire.

Frolov, Stempniak, Armstrong, Versteeg are the RWer's I would be looking to acquire.

Do Roy or Connolly have value for trades such as this? Probably not, but, it is what it is.

Backes, Lombardi, Cullen, Richards are the centers I would be looking to acquire.

Frolov, Stempniak, Armstrong, Versteeg are the RWer's I would be looking to acquire.

Do Roy or Connolly have value for trades such as this? Probably not, but, it is what it is.

Lets throw an offer sheet at Bobby Ryan while we are at it.

yup. roy had 69 points and connolly had 65 points this year. theres no value there at all.

Archived